Saw an Aluminum Bronze-like colored AW S1 at BestBuy today

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by CSizzLe, Jul 21, 2017.

1. CSizzLe macrumors newbie

CSizzLe

Saw it on display and it was paired with the new Obsidian Black Nike+ Band. Asked if I can buy the display model, but sales rep said no. Lol. Possible new release?

2. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Did you take a picture? The color you saw was either Gold or Rose Gold. There is no "Aluminum Bronze" model. Apple hasn't released any other updated aluminum casings for the Apple Watch.

3. Mansu944 macrumors regular

4. CSizzLe thread starter macrumors newbie

CSizzLe

I wish I did take a photo, but my phone was out of batt. And No, it wasn't rose gold or gold. I've been contemplating for a while now between a gold or silver and I know the differences between the colors. This color blew me away because of how "pastel" the gold looked right next to it. Im going to take a SS tomorrow.
    --- Post Merged, Jul 21, 2017 ---
    This was the band it was paired with...

Attached Files:

5. Relentless Power, Jul 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2017

Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Perhaps the lighting in the store changed the appearance of the casing, which again, was likely Gold. There is no aluminum bronze casing offered from Apple in the Sport model as you're indicating.

6. CSizzLe thread starter macrumors newbie

CSizzLe

The sales rep even took it out of the display rack. Kept insisting it was Space Grey and that it mustve been the lighting inside, but when he took it out of the display case and put it right next to the space grey, it was different. We even looked at the back and it was a Series 1. I was about to buy one today, but Im holding out for this color.

7. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I don't doubt it was a Series 1. But again, the only colors offered by Apple in the Sport model in Series 1 is Space Gray, Gold, Rose Gold and Silver. Apple wouldn't sell any other color to any other vendor if wasn't available on their own website. That wouldn't make sense what so ever.

8. CSizzLe thread starter macrumors newbie

CSizzLe

Oh no, I know apple only offers the colors you mentioned. Just weird seeing it there and not be able to buy it is all... that combination of bronze and nike+ (new obsidian black) band was sexy as hell☺️☺️....

9. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

You should have bought it. It would be worth around $10,000 to $20,000 on eBay since it is a one of a kind.:eek::D:D:D

10. pcall1128 macrumors 6502a

pcall1128

Go back and take a picture. I'd love to see this...the Apple Watch "unicorn edition."

11. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

Another newbie with a mysterious Apple product but no battery on their phone to take a photo. How refreshingly different...:rolleyes: