Saw and played with the Acer iconia tab

Discussion in 'iPad' started by rav16, May 5, 2011.

1. rav16 macrumors member

Here in Mumbai (India ) Acer launched the iconia honeycomb tablet and I played with it today and It was for the first time I played with honeycomb tablet and I must say honeycomb sucks and lags big time. I was seriously excited about honeycomb but believe me I will never ever touch a honeycomb tablet . I still don't understand why people keep on singing songs about honeycomb it's just ugly in all ways and top of that the Acer screen is horrible. Aim not a apple fanboy by any stretch I just have a MacBook air and iPad 2 but aim so glad I bought the iPad 2 it's way way ahead then the competition . And believe me I have not missed flash also . The experience using a iPad 2 is just magical as apple claims when compared to honeycomb tablets. I still don't understand why other companies can't make a quality product like apple?

2. rowuncw macrumors newbie

Probably because they don't want their base price to be $500.

3. MassacrMan macrumors member

Sony makes fantastic laptops as well as ASUS, give the new ASUS Transformer Honeycomb tablet a look and you will be singing a different song.

4. rav16 thread starter macrumors member

In my view it's not Asus it's the honeycomb which is very ugly laggy and boring and in my view it's not as fluid as iOS

5. Meanee macrumors 6502a

Honeycomb needs some time to mature. It's not as fluid as iOS, but I like the UI much better. Widgets alone are great.

Iconia, however, lags a bit as a device. Think of it as a budget Honeycomb device. Display is not an IPS, and touch screen is somewhat laggy. Xoom felt much snappier to me. I did not have a chance to play with Transform, however.

I am also excited about Samsung's offering. Their tablet can be as slick as iPad 2.