Saw that Verizon is offering unlimited 4G data. Talk me down...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Ponderous, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Ponderous macrumors regular

Just got my first iPhone last week from Verizon. Now Big Red drops the news that the Thunderbolt is dropping on Thursday with unlimited 4g data! I love this iPhone but I also love idea of two years of unlimited 4G data. Please someone, talk me down and assure me that I'm right to stay with my iPhone.

2. WalkTheDino macrumors newbie

It sounds like a gimmick and that the phone won't be very good.Check reviews prior to buying. Most likely, the iPhone will be better, despite the 4g.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Try the "thunderbolt" when it comes out and compare it to the iOS.
    If you like it and its better than your iphone go for it, also make sure Verizon is offering 4G service in your area or you'll just be stuck with the same slow CDMA 3G with a phone that sucks down battery like crazy.

4. neko girl macrumors 6502a

neko girl

HTC is a good phone hardware designer and manufacturer. Go check it out at a local store and make your own decision. Android is also sufficiently mature as an OS on mobile phones..

5. patp Guest

Battery life has always been a serious issue with all HTC phones. I would suspect that adding 4G to the mix and you're looking at not so good battery life.