SBSettings worth it on iOS4.0 and how to use cyberduck?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jayar182, Sep 26, 2010.

1. jayar182 macrumors newbie

does anyone still use SBSettings now that iOS4 is out? i mean the main perk of it for me was being able to adjust brightness and turning on/off wifi, etc. but now that multitasking is available it does seem a bit pointless since you can have the settings app running in the background. however it still is nice to have if you want as little as much apps running in the background to save battery.

has anyone used in on an iphone 4? does it run well? also does it affect the battery?

and how would i install a .deb file using cyberduck? do i still need to install terminal for my iphone?

thank you for your time

2. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

SBsettings runs fine on my iPhone 4. It's probably the most used jailbreak feature on my phone. It is certainly not pointless on iOS4.0, as it still gives you a convenient way to disable wifi, change brightness, and more importantly toggle all running apps to close out of the task switcher.

3. Kayan macrumors 6502

Multitasking does very little for me in terms of accessing my Settings quickly, the main perk of SBS is, has, and will be how quick and easy it is to just swipe, then turn off Bluetooth/WiFi/etc. With Multitasking, you still have to push the Home button (twice), find Settings, the navigate through the menus...this is actually not that much faster than it used to be by just going to the Home screen and opening the Settings app. In other words, yes, SBS is my #2 reason for JB, and is still definitely worth it.

4. iFanaddic macrumors 6502a

iFanaddic

SBSettings is by far the best reason to jailbreak. You can set the toggles to satisfy your needs and make it look the way you want.

Attached Files:

5. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Same here--SBSettings is my second most used JB app (BiteSMS is #1). I have it on both the iPhone 4 and on the iPad, and it's WAY more useful than Apple's settings app. It's a lot faster to swipe the Status Bar, then hit the Bluetooth toggle than it is to navigate to the Settings app (probably in a folder), then to General, then Bluetooth, then hit On.

Definitely worth it. iOS 4 is no real improvement over SBSettings.

6. jayar182 thread starter macrumors newbie

i noticed that on the picture there is a toggle for flash, how do you have that and what can you do with it on a mobile platform?

also, how would i use cyberduck to install a .deb file?

thank you for the replies :)

7. iFanaddic macrumors 6502a

iFanaddic

That little icon with the lightbulb toggles on/off the LED light on my iPhone 4.

If you're talking about the frash icon well it toggles on/off the frash plugin. Frash is suppose to enable flash content on the website you visit on your iPhone with safari, but it did not work on most of the website I go on. BUT I was able to see Flash based ads lol.