Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jettastud

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 3, 2004
I just got an old umax scanner that is scsi. I am running os 9.1 and I cannot get the computer to see the scanner. What can I do? There are a bunch of scsi settings on the back of the scanner. I just cannot figure it out. Any help?

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
jettastud said:
I just got an old umax scanner that is scsi. I am running os 9.1 and I cannot get the computer to see the scanner. What can I do? There are a bunch of scsi settings on the back of the scanner. I just cannot figure it out. Any help?
:rolleyes: Go to the UMAX web site, download the software for your model scanner, and get on with life.

jettastud

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 3, 2004
I already tried getting info from the website, but nothing was of any sort of use.

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
jettastud said:
I already tried getting info from the website, but nothing was of any sort of use.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: You don't go to the web site for information. You go there for drivers. I gave you the specific web page from which you can download the driver that you need. If you have a better site, then feel free to use it.

jettastud

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 3, 2004
What I am trying to say is that the site doesn't offer much help or any drivers for this model. Don't think it's a driver issue, but I could be wrong.

Sparky's

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2004
Are you sure you powered down before plugging in the scanner, and did you get a terminator for the SCSI chain? I have a Powerlook III and it's connected via SCSI to my G3 I have an inline terminator at the scanner end. As long as you have the proper cable, have it terminated correctly, and turn on the scanner BEFORE you boot the computer it should be recognized. What are you using for scanning software? are you scanning independent or with a plugin via Photoshop. And last but not least what number is the scanner set at (on the back there is a switch) or dial
http://www.turtlebeach.com/site/kb_ftp/6503001.asp
http://www.uwsp.edu/cofac/cladd/MacTips/
maybe these will help

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.