Scared I'm going to end up buying a load of bands

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by djrm, Apr 25, 2015.

1. djrm macrumors 6502

djrm

Anyone else fearing this already expensive watch is gonna end up costing them a fortune buying extra bands?

I keep thinking, ooo, fancy that one now, and that one......

2. NM08SRT8 macrumors 6502a

NM08SRT8

3. Minxie03 macrumors newbie

I have already pre-ordered 2 from Casetify and am looking at a third...:eek::rolleyes:

4. CobraPA macrumors 6502

If you buy some Apple stock every time you order a new band, you might feel a little better. :p

5. GrimmsGirl macrumors 6502

GrimmsGirl

Yes!

I bought the ss with white sport band intending to buy the soft pink modern buckle when they become available. I already pulled the trigger on a green sport band. Now I'm thinking I would love a red leather and a red sport band if Apple makes them for Project Red. I have a link watch that I adore but don't wear anymore, so I was thinking of buying the link bracelet as well. That's well over $1000 in bands. Crazy.

If I knew that these bands would be good for the next 4 generations of the Apple Watch I would go ahead and buy them. I think that's a pretty big crap shoot though. I think I need to just stick to one leather and satisfy my itch for versatility with sports bands. My old link always felt very sporty to me, so I likely wouldn't wear it for dress, but I do like that chunky look that I'm not getting with the white sport band.

Ugh, I want them all. Somebody help me! :D

6. djrm thread starter macrumors 6502

djrm

LMAO just blurted out with laughter when I read that. Same. Each strap gives the watch such a different look. Surely the straps would fit future generations, bit dumb if they didn't.

7. GrimmsGirl macrumors 6502

GrimmsGirl

Agree, but dumb for who? Us buying them thinking they will, or Apple for keeping them the same when most (okay, maybe just me :p ) will just buy them again if they don't?

8. KPOM macrumors G5

I have the Classic Band and have the Milanese Loop on order. I also have the link band on order but am not sure I'll keep it. I don't particularly care for the sport band, but if they offer the Classic Band in different colors I could see picking up some more.

9. tomaustin44 macrumors regular

I agree.. Apple are going to make a killing on these bands. I'm really interested to see how some of the Apple Watch bands look with the sport. Also looking forward to some decent third party bands to come out.

10. Jungo macrumors regular

have black classic on ss 42

back order white sport and Milanese

want oxblood leather. - this may become a problem - the SS watch is gorgeous

11. zmunkz macrumors 6502a

zmunkz

Yes! I already bought 2, a few cases, and the Click accessory... One thing leads to another...

12. shox2k2 macrumors 6502

I would like a stainless link band and a sports band. My preference is orange but I'll go with black if orange isn't out when I'm ready to buy. I work outside no I don't need a leather band. Maybe a modern buckle if I decide the link band is too expensive.

13. JBUGGY macrumors member

JBUGGY

^SAME!

Ughhh ...I TOO bought the 38 SS Wh Sport, with the intention of eventually getting my FAVE Pink Modern Buckle, also want the Milanese (which I didn't really care for, at first..but ya...i don't know believe it's grown on me). Noooo! LOL Tried it on at the Apple Store and was like, "hmm this is pretty nice!"

Also the blue sport, pink maybe? Ohhh n black modern buckle or classic. How many is that?!! LOL o man!:eek:

So ya...I feel ya guys!!^ :D

ps. Not to mention those other exclusive sport bands possibly down the line?? Great. Splendid. LOL Umm.. ya.. want!!

14. Che Castro macrumors 603

if i can get a guarantee that the next apple watch 2 & 3 will use the same band mechanism , ill buy a few more

15. Brian Y macrumors 68040

I'm gonna get the kickstarter adapters and get a regular band (or two)

16. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I ordered mine with a Milanese loop so I may purchase a Sport band and I'm done. I did not like the other bands at all.

17. djrm thread starter macrumors 6502

djrm

Love that I'm not alone on this. Damn Apple lol

18. KPOM macrumors G5

Traditional watch manufacturers, who have used the same hard-to-change design for years, are probably kicking themselves for not coming up with a similar mechanism years ago.

19. JWorld127 macrumors 6502

JWorld127

oh reaaaaalllylyyyyyy :p:rolleyes:

20. Blacklabel34 macrumors 6502

Yes! oh wait, already ordered a mess of bands from :apple: :D
    Once more third party bands come out its GAME OVER

21. bushido Suspended

bushido

I am waiting patiently for the flawless copies on aliexpress. Worked out great with the iPad smart cases in the past. Couldnt decide on a color so i bought them all for the price of one original :D

22. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

My wrist is 210mm and I didn't think the link band would be me, last night I was at the Apple Store and tried it on and was surprised that it fit and that I really liked itches look and feel of it.

Original order 42mm Stainelsss Steel black sport band, I have the Milanese Loop on order for June and may now add the link band to my order as well

Attached Files:

23. Sphyrna macrumors regular

Not just bands, but in general. With AppleCare. Docks/stands. Bands. I bought the milanese loop watch and an extra white sport band. Would like a leather one but not sure which one, probably classic. I wish they made the modern buckle in 42mm size.

24. gorkt macrumors 6502

gorkt

Yeah....I have the Milanese, and I have a white sport on order. I also did a Kickstarter for a red leather band since I really wanted that color and there isn't a viable option from Apple. I also really like the modern buckle although $250 for a band is too much for me to swallow, and they aren't even available yet.

25. djrm thread starter macrumors 6502

djrm

Can't understand why there aren't a ton or 3rd party bands already tbh