**Scary thing happened today**Pretty sure my iPhone was hacked!**Help!**

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Caitpizzle, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Caitpizzle macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Today I pulled my phone out of my purse and the lock screen was not the cute little picture of my dog. The date that is always underneath the time on my lock screen read "Smile?" Also, the lock screen was a picture of something that looked like an oval made out of white speakers on a black background. So the first thing I did was look at my images folder to see of one of my friends was messing with me, however there was no picture similar to the one on my lock screen in that folder. And I have no idea how someone would change the date to text on a lock screen. I'm really scared somebody hacked my phone. Maybe they even got access to my front camera and saw me??? Please help...is there anything I can do??

2. brianbelligeren macrumors newbie

Is you're iPhone jailbroken? and were you connected to any unknown wireless networks at the time?

3. Caitpizzle thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

It is not jailbroken and I was not connected to wifi

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Who's the last person that played with your iphone?
    Anyone can change your walpaper pic within seconds.

5. Caitpizzle thread starter macrumors newbie

It was not that, I checked my pictures. And I don't believe you can change the date on the lock screen either...?

6. Caitpizzle thread starter macrumors newbie

I should mention that I showed my friend my phone and then within 2 minutes it reverted back to how I had it set.

7. brianbelligeren macrumors newbie

Also, just because the picture is no longer in your photo album doesn't mean they didn't take a picture, set it as your background, and then delete it. It would remain as your background without showing up in your photo album.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, you can change the date as long as you got acess to the phone.
    Relax and take your tinfoil hat off.
    A stock firmware iphone cannot be hacked remotelly like that, there's probably a logical explanation. Someone did it that had acess to your phone "physically".

9. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Did you buy it new? Which model iPhone? If not new could it be someone running Find my iPhone...

PS take a screen shot of it. Home + Power.

10. brianbelligeren macrumors newbie

The only thing that isn't making sense to me is the issue with the date on the lock screen.

11. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Findmyiphone now changes wallpapers and time?

12. Caitpizzle thread starter macrumors newbie

Nobody I am around is even tech savvy enough to know how to do that. And why would it change itself back on its own without my messing with it?

13. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Sounds very odd, just fishing for answers. A screen cap would be helpful.

14. Mickey8297 macrumors member

Mickey8297

Song?

Are you sure it wasn't a song playing and the picture wasn't album art? When a song is playing, the date on the lock screen changes to the song title.

15. brianbelligeren macrumors newbie

No, there is no option to change wallpaper and date from Find my iPhone. Only options to remotely wipe the device, play a sound on the device, lock the device, and send a message to the device.

16. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That would make sense then:)
    Album art pic.

17. brianbelligeren macrumors newbie

Sounds like the most likely scenario.

18. Caitpizzle thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmmm interesting. I was playing Pandora. I don't know if there is a song titled "Smile?" out there. Maybe it was an ad?

19. Caitpizzle thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I can't go backwards on Pandora but that is probably the most likely scenario. The things that went through my head...it was scary! My nerves have been somewhat eased. Thank you everybody who replied!!!!!!!!

20. Mickey8297 macrumors member

Mickey8297

21. Caitpizzle thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes!!! That image has haunted me all evening...

22. Peace, Feb 2, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2012

Peace macrumors P6

Peace

What happened was you turned on the iPhone and pandora was running in the task bar and showed that song and you saw the word smile at the top and that image.

You weren't hacked. :)

Looked something like this :

Attached Files:

23. toasty hoodie macrumors 6502

toasty hoodie

24. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

When listening to music/pandora/other apps similar, the lock screen wallpaper is replaced with the album art and the name of the song is put below the time. If there's no album art then the lock screen default is shown. Ads wouldn't appear as album art, so you just happened to encounter a song names "Smile?".

25. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

I'm also assuming that THIS is what you saw?

Great song, btw.

EDIT: Noticed I double-posted. OOPS.

Attached Files: