Scenes from Trump's Wannabe Dictatorship

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by vrDrew, May 1, 2017.

1. vrDrew macrumors 65816

The Trump White House has seriously considered changing or abolishing the First Amendment to the United States Constitution to protect President **** Gibbon from criticism that hurts his feelings.

White House Chief of Staff Reince Priebus wants to let Trump sue media companies for reporting (true) stories that he doesn't like.

How does Trump himself view the Constitution? We'll let Fox News give it to you, straight from the horse's ass:
    That's right: President **** Gibbon just called the Constitution of the United States a "very archaic" thing that's "bad for our Country."

Resist.

2. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

Will never happen but the fact that they would even look into it typical of this crazy admin.

3. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

No where in your clip did Trump say say "the constitution is archaic and bad for the country". Your assertion is blatantly false and misleading. Good job. :rolleyes:

4. JayMysterio, May 1, 2017
    Last edited: May 1, 2017

JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

It is his assertion to make based on the video he links to. There's been plenty of assertions made on this board that all sides question, but are made anyways.

5. vrDrew thread starter macrumors 65816

Watch the first ~ 30 seconds of the Trump interview on Fox News (on the Independent website).

Because he says exactly that.

6. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

It opens with the word 'archaic'. It doesn't tells us what he is referring to. He could be all I g the constitutarchaic. He could be calling the senate rules archaic. He could be calling Macrumors archaic.

7. vrDrew thread starter macrumors 65816

He is referring to the "checks and balances" that are an integral part of the United States Constitution.

He finds them inconvenient.

8. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

I believe it actually opens with "It's an archaic system." Which is where the context is allowed, the video does begin with a complete sentence.

Ultimately though this all follows a pattern with 45. Laws are a wonderful thing when he's allowed to use them get something done his way or to tamp down on someone who says something he doesn't like. When the law in any way hinders him he isn't too pleased with it, and now he feels he's in a position to do something about such laws.

9. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

No one dares change the holy document - the Constitution! Sacrilege I tell you!!!

The rules of the Senate? Never! Those rules are set in stone by Buddahjesus!!

Blaarg!

10. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Here's a little more context ...

Trump: [3:08] "But I think more than anything else, I'm a person of common sense. I understand what has to be done. I get things done. I've always been a closer. Uh ... we don't have a lot of closers in politics, and I understand why. So ... it's a very rough system. It's an archaic system. You look at the rules of the Senate, even the rules of the House, but the rules of the Senate and some of the things you have to go through, it's ... it's really a bad thing for the country in my opinion. They are archaic rules. And maybe at some point, we're going to have to take those rules on, because for the good of the nation things are going to have to be different. You can't go through a process like this. You can't go through a process like this. It's not fair. It forces you to make bad decisions. I mean, you're really forced into doing things that you would normally not do except for these archaic rules. So ... "

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...idating-his-own-power/?utm_term=.b1e628216b9e

Trump isn't stating explicitly that the constitution is archaic and bad. However, the constitution explicitly states that "Each House may determine the Rules of its Proceedings" (Article I, Section V).

So it doesn't really matter if trump thinks the rules need to be changed. It only matters if the House and Senate think the rules need to be changed.

11. Solomani, May 1, 2017
    Last edited: May 1, 2017
  12. zin macrumors 6502

Ignore the guy who went off the deep end many months ago. I've watched the interview. He's referring to the Senate rules. He's not referring to the U.S. Constitution.

You know it's bad when even CNN reported it correctly. All of the other fake rags opened their articles with 'Trump blames the Constitution...'

13. BoneDaddy Suspended

BoneDaddy

The nutty conclusions you guys come to, and the way you try to spin someone else's words...
    --- Post Merged, May 2, 2017 ---
    You should post the video you saw, to prove how this thread is nothing but a pathetic attempt to manipulate people, based on the laziness of the poster, or the out right propagandist state of mine.

Either way, it's ****'n SICK that someone would lie and manipulate crap all to try and validate their political footing. Pisses me off, in fact.

14. daflake macrumors 6502a

Big difference between saying the rules are archaic versus the Constitution. :rolleyes:

15. vrDrew thread starter macrumors 65816

Yeah, such "fake news" - actually directly quoting (along with video clips) the actual words of the fascists you seem to worship.

16. BoneDaddy Suspended

BoneDaddy

I don't worship US servants. I worship TRUTH. Something you seem to not give a damn about... HA!

17. vrDrew thread starter macrumors 65816

And you voted for Donald Trump, I guess?

Thanks. Puts everything in perspective.

18. BoneDaddy Suspended

BoneDaddy

HA no. Looks like that post was just another assuming, jump to conclusions, type of post you seem to love putting out.

Blah blah blah blah... Same old crap, different bias left/progressive/democrat/whatever... person

19. daflake macrumors 6502a

Be careful, he'll put you on his ban list. He does that when he doesn't agree with your point of view.

20. BoneDaddy Suspended

BoneDaddy

OH GOD NOOOOOOO! NOT THE BAN LIST! I'll miss his beautiful smile!

21. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

LOL. Perspective is everything, isn't it?

You seem pretty cavalier about dead civilians. Gives us a little perspective, doesn't it?
    --- Post Merged, May 2, 2017 ---
    You can still see his posts, it will just shield him from any criticism you may send his way.

22. CaptMurdock macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

Justice Scalia, is that you?? :eek: