Scheduled calendar events not showing up on "Today"

MassiveAttack

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 28, 2010
New York
I have numerous repeating monthly calendar events scheduled but the calendar section shows absolutely nothing. In the calendar section it says "no events". All I see is underneath the calendar under tomorrow "there is xxx event scheduled". I would like to see all my scheduled monthly events if this is even possible. What am I doing wrong here? TIA

DefBref

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2011
Are they all day events? They don't show up in notifications, I'm not sure if this is a bug or a deliberate design choice.

MassiveAttack

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 28, 2010
New York
Are they all day events? They don't show up in notifications, I'm not sure if this is a bug or a deliberate design choice.
Yes they are all day events. It would be so easy just to pull down the notification shade to to "today" and see my listed monthly events. If thats the case then I'm SOL. It's a calendar, why would Apple hobble this? Don't know why I ask, this is Apple after all :rolleyes:

sflomenb

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2011
Yes they are all day events. It would be so easy just to pull down the notification shade to to "today" and see my listed monthly events. If thats the case then I'm SOL. It's a calendar, why would Apple hobble this? Don't know why I ask, this is Apple after all :rolleyes:
Yeah, all day events don't show up on the widget for some reason.

reese2147

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2013
I have numerous repeating monthly calendar events scheduled but the calendar section shows absolutely nothing. In the calendar section it says "no events". All I see is underneath the calendar under tomorrow "there is xxx event scheduled". I would like to see all my scheduled monthly events if this is even possible. What am I doing wrong here? TIA
Try the Agenda+ app. It integrates flawlessly with your calendar app and **includes** all day events in the notification center view.

ScootPatoot

macrumors regular
May 16, 2008
Weird Problem

I purchased Agenda + and it only shows Reminders, no Calendar Events. I read their support page and it says to reinstall. Same thing even after a reboot.

What's funny is, is if I go into Settings-->Agenda +-->Privacy and turn Reminders off and have Calendars on, it still only shows Reminders.

Also, going into Settings-->Privacy-->Calendars, Agenda + is turned on. Not sure what's happening here...?

fnegrin

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2014
Yes , the free Calendars app solves the problem. Just install it, you do not have to use it. But just being there it will provide you with a way better notification widget than ios8 will! If you also install yahoo weather you can turn off the day summary widget altogether and have a fantastic notification centre. By the way the calendars app is actually better than the ios calendar itself too. I was surprised. Much easier to read your week or month views

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
I'll third the rec for Readdle's Calendars 5 or the free version Calendars. It's a FAR better app than the iOS7/8 version of the stock calendar app. The widget is superb too. Syncs with the stock calendar or with Google calendar (or even both, as I understand it.)

If you don't need all the features of the full fledged app, the free one offers various functions as individual in app purchases, which is less expensive than the full priced version if you only need one or two of them. And if all you want is the widget, the free app will work perfectly for you without shelling out for something you don't need.

Andydigital

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2013
I use Fantastical 2 myself, not the cheapest app but it piddles all over the competition for functionality in iOS 8.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.