Scheduled calendar events not showing up on "Today"

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by MassiveAttack, Oct 14, 2014.

1. MassiveAttack macrumors 6502a

I have numerous repeating monthly calendar events scheduled but the calendar section shows absolutely nothing. In the calendar section it says "no events". All I see is underneath the calendar under tomorrow "there is xxx event scheduled". I would like to see all my scheduled monthly events if this is even possible. What am I doing wrong here? TIA

2. DefBref macrumors 6502

Are they all day events? They don't show up in notifications, I'm not sure if this is a bug or a deliberate design choice.

3. MassiveAttack thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes they are all day events. It would be so easy just to pull down the notification shade to to "today" and see my listed monthly events. If thats the case then I'm SOL. It's a calendar, why would Apple hobble this? Don't know why I ask, this is Apple after all :rolleyes:

4. sflomenb macrumors 6502a

sflomenb

Yeah, all day events don't show up on the widget for some reason.

5. reese2147 macrumors regular

Try the Agenda+ app. It integrates flawlessly with your calendar app and **includes** all day events in the notification center view.

6. Piertown macrumors member

Try. Agenda+. The widget will show all day events

7. MassiveAttack thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks!

8. enthusiastic macrumors regular

Their bundle had an absurd deal last I checked. Very good apps. At least Paste+ and Agenda+ are. Not sure about Forecast+.

9. ScootPatoot macrumors regular

Weird Problem

I purchased Agenda + and it only shows Reminders, no Calendar Events. I read their support page and it says to reinstall. Same thing even after a reboot.

What's funny is, is if I go into Settings-->Agenda +-->Privacy and turn Reminders off and have Calendars on, it still only shows Reminders.

Also, going into Settings-->Privacy-->Calendars, Agenda + is turned on. Not sure what's happening here...?

10. C DM macrumors Westmere

Calendars 5 (or even the free version of that app called Calendars) will show all day events too in the app widget.

11. fnegrin macrumors newbie

Yes , the free Calendars app solves the problem. Just install it, you do not have to use it. But just being there it will provide you with a way better notification widget than ios8 will! If you also install yahoo weather you can turn off the day summary widget altogether and have a fantastic notification centre. By the way the calendars app is actually better than the ios calendar itself too. I was surprised. Much easier to read your week or month views

12. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

I'll third the rec for Readdle's Calendars 5 or the free version Calendars. It's a FAR better app than the iOS7/8 version of the stock calendar app. The widget is superb too. Syncs with the stock calendar or with Google calendar (or even both, as I understand it.)

If you don't need all the features of the full fledged app, the free one offers various functions as individual in app purchases, which is less expensive than the full priced version if you only need one or two of them. And if all you want is the widget, the free app will work perfectly for you without shelling out for something you don't need.

13. Andydigital macrumors regular

Andydigital

I use Fantastical 2 myself, not the cheapest app but it piddles all over the competition for functionality in iOS 8.

14. crookadile macrumors regular

^^^THIS^^^

I use the free version just for the widget and it does work perfectly.

Also Onelist ( free ) for reminders is much better than stock.