School Official Wants Gays Dead

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by leekohler, Oct 27, 2010.

1. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

It is getting worse before it gets better. :( Yes, this is for real- a member of a school board.

http://www.advocate.com/News/News_Features/Arkansas_School_Board_Member_Thinks_Fags_Should_Die/

2. Heilage macrumors 68030

Heilage

If this guy doesn't get fired, something is very wrong.

Doesn't this qualify as hate speech?

3. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I try to take the optimistic view. The more foolish bigots like this guy who make the mistake of openly expressing their hatred, the more of a rallying point we have for moving gay rights forward. The *majority* of bigots privately hold their beliefs and try to hurt gay people in more subtle ways--and are very effective at doing so.

When guys like this open their mouths, it becomes harder for people to deny that gay people actually do face oppression and that it needs to be addressed legally.

4. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

There is no such thing as a "hate speech" law in the US.

In the meantime, we're dealing with a youth suicide outbreak. This does nothing but more damage to more kids. They're the ones who get to pay the price for this.

But you're right- if you see a cockroach on your kitchen counter, you can safely bet there are hundreds in your walls.

5. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    Ah dear, I found it a bit funny to be honest. This guy must be braindead to have posted such bigoted tripe on the internet and think it won't haunt him for the rest of his life.

More proof of the bigot/low IQ connection.

6. citizenzen macrumors 65816

7. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

That's real Christian of him. :rolleyes: People like him would make Jesus sick.

Redneck inbred piece of ****.

8. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

9. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

After reading the article I would say first post he made I might of been willing to argue to protect the School board member but the other things posted afterwards by him no so much. This guy needs to be kick off the board. Safe to say that he will not be re-elected if they can not get him kick off sooner. Some one like that has no business being on a school boarded. If that is how he feels about gays it is safe to say that he would not want to protect someone with depression or other disabilities. Gay being the farthest extreme.
    This is sad.

He crossed so many lines.

10. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Looks like I chose the right moment to take you off my ignore list. :D

11. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Yes, he sure did. Just remember, he's just one who said something. There are a lot more people just like him out there. You would be surprised.

12. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Wow... first off, let me say -- what a dick!

That said, he should be quickly forced from his position. Openly speaking of children who's welfare he is overseeing to kill themselves is absolutely inappropriate for someone in that role.

However, the determining factor will likely be the community. If his views are widely -- if not openly -- accepted in the community, he'll try to stick it out. Although I would suspect that if the locals decline to do the right thing, the feds might have some pressure that could be applied. We'll have to see how that plays out.

And finally, I am firmly in the camp that says it's good to get this kind of thing exposed. You know damn well this piece of worm feces says those kinds of things -- if not worse -- in private. Exposing him and the bigotry that people like him spew (while denying that they even bigots to begin with, of course) is crucial to rooting it out of all the dank corners it hides in.

Here's hoping for one more person in the unemployment statistics next week...

13. Rt&Dzine, Oct 27, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2011
  14. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    Who wants to be how long it takes him to get fired?

I give him to this time next week max with a suspension by Friday.

15. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

Honest I am not really surprised by it. I will not go full bore against some of the people who put like on it or posted comments has they are not holding an office who those views are in direct violation of.

As for some other articles about the fall out here is one
    http://lezgetreal.com/2010/10/aftermath-for-mccance-ak-midland-school-district-board-bully/

and look a facebook page saying to fire him
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fire-Clint-McCance/170421922968484

16. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Yeah, this is bad. He'll probably be gone by the end of the week.

17. kernkraft macrumors 68020

kernkraft

We all die, brother; we all die. I'll see you you in hell when you'll be bummed 24/7. So you'd better start liking it and wear that freaking purple!

18. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

I think some people are messed up in the head such that it feels *good* to them to hate others.

It's the only way I can explain how someone can have so much hate for a group that has never wronged them in any way.

People like this don't deserve power and influence. They deserve to be alone and unloved until they change their ways.

What a sad world we live in that these people are allowed to hold power and influence. :(

19. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

There are a lot more of them out there. This kind of thing was perfectly acceptable to say just as recently as the 80s. It's far from gone. The bigots have just gotten more subtle.

20. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

21. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Not a bad idea. :)

22. kernkraft macrumors 68020

kernkraft

I'm all for the gays, but yellow just fits me sooo much better! :)

23. Mr. McMac Suspended

Mr. McMac

Clint McCance's probably a self hating closet queen..

24. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

If you can quickly turn mine purple I will do it.

25. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic