School Stabbing Spree: 20 Hurt in Pittsburgh-Area Bloodbath

TheAppleFairy

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 28, 2013
The Clinton Archipelago unfortunately
Crazy world we live in. I wonder why he didn't use a gun. Maybe they had "gun free zone" sign up at the school.

A student flashing two knives went on a stabbing rampage through the classrooms and halls of a high school outside Pittsburgh on Wednesday morning, authorities said. At least 19 students and a security guard were hurt, some with life-threatening injuries.
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/school-stabbing-spree/school-stabbing-spree-20-hurt-pittsburgh-area-bloodbath-n75536

lostngone

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2003
Anchorage
Not surprisingly, NO ONE DIED. Only three of the victims are in surgery.

Had he used a gun, there would be a dozen dead.
Wow.
Careful the blood isn't dry yet. People are still in critical condition.

However please don't let me stand in the way of promoting your agenda.

palmerc2

macrumors 68000
Feb 29, 2008
Los Angeles
Crazy world we live in. I wonder why he didn't use a gun. Maybe they had "gun free zone" sign up at the school.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/school-stabbing-spree/school-stabbing-spree-20-hurt-pittsburgh-area-bloodbath-n75536
Is that a joke? Do you honestly think a silly sign would stop someone with the firm intention of hurting others? Besides, not that I know too much about schools nowadays, but isn't there a sign that says something like "no weapons allowed?" Well if there is, this kid completely ignored that one.

lannister80

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2009
Chicagoland
Why wow?

Fine, maybe one person will die (although the article says everyone is expected to live). Does that hurt my argument that there would be waaay more death and damage, had it been a gun instead of a knife?

What agenda? Violence with a gun is faster and waaaay more deadly than with almost any other tool you can own. It's just a fact.

----------

Is that a joke? Do you honestly think a silly sign would stop someone with the firm intention of hurting others? Besides, not that I know too much about schools nowadays, but isn't there a sign that says something like "no weapons allowed?" Well if there is, this kid completely ignored that one.
If you have the intent to go hurt people, you're going to hurt people, sign or no sign.

"No gun" zones are intended to make situations where no one had the original INTENT to hurt people less deadly. When you suddenly find yourself in a fight, things will escalate a lot less quickly if no one has a gun.

bradl

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2008
Wow.

Really? From someone who starts threads titled:

2nd Amendment was only for muskets, you say?
Anti-NRA movie in the works
Gun waiting period ‘burdens’ 2nd Amendment
What harm is there in registering firearms?!?!
Gun Grabbers, now what are you going to do?
Anti-gun Senator(S) recalled!!!
2A Protest
What you have to deal with when you open carry...
Happy days for gun owners
Gun buyback canceled due to new law.
All of these, started by you; and these aren't even the ones that are marginally pushing your agenda.

To be honest, you really do not have any room to talk about pushing agendas.

BL.

lostngone

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2003
Anchorage
To be honest, you really do not have any room to talk about pushing agendas.
I have the taste NOT to do this while they are still moping the blood off the floor and people are still in critical condition.

However on the other-side they sit and wait for an event to try and use emotion and FUD to push theirs.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
I have the taste NOT to do this while they are still moping the blood off the floor and people are still in critical condition.

However on the other-side they sit and wait for an event to try and use emotion and FUD to push theirs.
Ah, yet again the gun guys push the "now is not the time" mantra.

When exactly is the time?

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-july-23-2012/aurora---gun-control

Moneyshot at the end:

The Aurora shootings occurred on July 20th, for weeks afterwards Fox News kept repeating it was "too soon to talk about guns", BUT on JULY 22nd they start off a story with "Is it time to ban COSTUMES at movie theaters?.

I'm done with this BS, regardless of whether the poster intentionally meant to deflect the issue, THERE IS NO BETTER TIME TO DISCUSS A TOPIC THEN WHEN IT IS IN THE ****ING HEADLINES, to wait only makes sure that the public at large ignores or becomes completely apathetic. Now, I wonder what industry would benefit from such a thing? /rant

Last edited:

bradl

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2008

Really?

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1665310

You went straight for "gun free zone" at LAX, when they were still mopping the blood off the floor.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1606634

You basically went straight to banning guns (doing your opponent's work for them) while complaining about the hoops you have to go through, while they were still cleaning up this incident.

Again, You have no room to talk.

Note: These were ones I just found in a pinch; I haven't even done a full search yet.

BL.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
Really?

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1665310

You went straight for "gun free zone" at LAX, when they were still mopping the blood off the floor.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1606634

You basically went straight to banning guns (doing your opponent's work for them) while complaining about the hoops you have to go through, while they were still cleaning up this incident.

Again, You have no room to talk.

Note: These were ones I just found in a pinch; I haven't even done a full search yet.

BL.
*Awaits the tired rebuttal tactic of "dude what are you stalking me?" or "what is your obsession with my posts" that we've seen far too many times in these forums when a posters clear hypocritical postings are revealed*

At the end of the day physics doesn't lie. While you can be killed by a knife, it is NOWHERE near the lethal capability of simply pointing and pulling a trigger in someone's direction.

citizenzen

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2010
Wow.

Do you apply this to the OP as well?

Or is that different, because you agree with the agenda he's promoting?

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
Seen stabbings plenty of times in Brooklyn when I was a kid. Not to be underestimated. A knife can jack you up pretty good even if you don't die.

Hopefully the kids have access to a shrink and good plastic surgeon.