Schwarzenegger vetoes marriage equality...

highres

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2005
Near the Singularity
Neanderthal yes, surprise no. Arnie is staying true to his platform of supporting corporate and special interests, cutting back social and education programs and supporting the far right agenda. I hope that people who were fooled by his carefully tailored PR campaigns and voted for him are seeing him for what he really is...A sexist, wealthy, PAC money taking, elitist.

FoxyKaye

macrumors 68000
Original poster
highres said:
Neanderthal yes, surprise no. Arnie is staying true to his platform of supporting corporate and special interests, cutting back social and education programs and supporting the far right agenda. I hope that people who were fooled by his carefully tailored PR campaigns and voted for him are seeing him for what he really is...A sexist, wealthy, PAC money taking, elitist.
thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou! All true - hopefully his latest polling numbers will continue to decline.

ham_man

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2005
FoxyKaye said:
School integration - another separate but equal case. The Feds and mostly Republican state governments are shutting down bussing programs and saying its better.
Isn't the whole point of not being racist is not making accommodations for people of different races? Bussing black students to "white schools" is racist in and of itself. Economic integration is a far better plan...(read: North Carolina)

As for Arnie, I agree with his stance. Don't really want to have another debate about it, because there have been enough in these here forums...

highres

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2005
Near the Singularity
FoxyKaye said:
thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou! All true - hopefully his latest polling numbers will continue to decline.
I hope so too, Arnie has one of the tightest, and nastiest PR agencies/campaigns in California history, people keep buying into his image of the immigrant made good, who is for the common man, children and immigrants, we Californians know this is not true.

He has sued and brow beaten many California media, television and newpaper outlets when they say anything even mildly controversial about him. His media strategy goes back to his days as a movie star when he was part of the massive Hollywood PR machine.

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
ham_man said:
Isn't the whole point of not being racist is not making accommodations for people of different races? Bussing black students to "white schools" is racist in and of itself. Economic integration is a far better plan...(read: North Carolina)

As for Arnie, I agree with his stance. Don't really want to have another debate about it, because there have been enough in these here forums...
No, the entire point of not being racist is to not be a bigot.

Hint: If you don't want to debate something, don't post.

Xtremehkr

macrumors 68000
Jul 4, 2004
Leave it to Arnie to make the tough, politically unrewarding decisions that uphold the notions this nation was founded upon.

Xtremehkr

macrumors 68000
Jul 4, 2004
I bow to the punmastery to Skunk and IJ, I'm not nearly as polished when it comes to such things.

Sayhey

macrumors 68000
May 22, 2003
San Francisco
I guess he'll stand a better chance of getting the GOP nomination next year, which is what his "principled" stance in support of the voters is really all about - trying to save his endangered political hide.

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
Take that girlie men! :rolleyes:

Most of the people I know in CA will not be voting for him again next election, if they even did in the first place. Some either couldn't be bothered to vote or thought the whole thing was a joke. Though I did kinda hope Gary Coleman would win. :p If I'm back in CA by then, I know who to vote for. The other guy.

mactastic

macrumors 68040
Apr 24, 2003
Colly-fornia
Not surprised. What else could he do? He wants to run for re-election and the only way a Republican gets through the GOP primary is to be conservative socially. The other kind too, but the rank and file of the GOP seem willing to let fiscal conservatism slide as long as you don't like fags.

Schwartzenneger wants to be reelected, and the only people supporting him right now are the GOP base. Everyone else hates him. His approval ratings are in the toilet. Hell, Grey Davis could practically have a recall and beat him at this point. That's how sick of Arnold Californians are.

Of course the alternatives have yet to impress me, but they can hardly be worse than the Governator has been.

Guitarius

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2004
Louisiana
Well now that Roberts is up there we can say goodbye to Brown v. Board of Education as well as Roe v. Wade. He's going to reinstate the precidents of Plessy v. Ferguson, and revoke our first amendment right bye forcing the christian adgenda down our throats. Yay for crazyness in the government.

leekohler

macrumors G5
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
ham_man said:

And you agree why?

mactastic

macrumors 68040
Apr 24, 2003
Colly-fornia
FWIW, I'm on board with economic integration over racial integration. In many cases, the two are one and the same, but I think it's at least as important to address the economic imbalance created by racism as much as it is the racism itself.

And economic integration goes so much further...

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
leekohler said:
And you agree why?
Because apparently God hates fags. :confused: Yeah, I don't get it either. I thought Jesus loved everybody. But what do I know, I believe in freedom and tolerance.

Dont Hurt Me

macrumors 603
Dec 21, 2002
Yahooville S.C.
I dont understand, a majority of people think marriage is for man and woman as i do. Arnold is voting with the majority what is wrong with that? Remember we are a majority rules country.