Scientists Show Conspiracy Theorists Will Believe Anything

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by iBlazed, May 21, 2015.

1. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Conspiracy theorists, you know, the ones who call everyone else "sheep" are actually the epitome of sheep. Pretty much as I've always suspected. Link to study.

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

IS IT possible they shared the stories exactly because they were stupid to begin with?
    [​IMG]is now the right time to point out that mostly liberals listen to scientist? [​IMG]

3. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

I keep my spray bottle of vinegar with me at all times.

4. ActionableMango macrumors 604

ActionableMango

When I was a kid, anyone who thought the Feds were spying in bulk on all American citizens, was considered to be a crazy paranoid with a tinfoil hat.

Now we know its true.

So while we can all laugh about contrails being boner pills being blasted into the atmosphere, I remind you that history shows our government has done some really ridiculous, comical, and nasty stuff. Dosing innocent people with LSD, illegal mind control experiments, and even proposals for a "gay bomb". The list goes on and on.

5. iBlazed thread starter macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Do you think the scientists identified themselves as scientists when posting troll comments?

And way to bring politics into a completely apolitical thread. :rolleyes:

6. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

did you post your thread in the wrong forum? this is the PRSI. how many trolls know about chemical composition? the crap about the chem trails being laced with viagara is funny as hell, people with a sense of humor tend to share things that are ridiculous . don't get mad just because I pointed out the liberals are the ones who mostly believe what scientist yap about.

did you watch your own video? because the stuff was posted on both the conspiracy pages and the skientist pages. so liberals either have a sense of humor or simply can't tell when they are being trolled :p

7. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

That's funny, I don't recall ever just accepting "scientist yapping" without trying to source evidence. Who are these "liberals" you are referring to? I think the word you were looking for was non-critical thinkers, and they are found all over the political spectrum.

Don't project what may be a distrust of the scientific community on your end onto others unless you're going to source that ****.

8. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

is this a bad time to point out that the troll skientist in question sourced their own made up chemical compositions?

viagara chem trails are funny, near Onion like.

Edit.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...piracy-theories-arent-just-for-conservatives/

9. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

Finally. A reasonable explanation for a morning woody.:D Penile tumescence, yeah right.:rolleyes: Never had morning wood until I started living the big city with all dem airports everywhere.:D:p

10. Meister Suspended

Meister

I actually clicked the link to this "study" ... and sociologists wonder why nobody in the academic world takes their "science" serious ...

And also: Italian researchers! If you have ever been to italy or know lots of italians you will know why this is funny :p

+ OP is from New Jersey :D

11. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

it was not long ago when anti hunting nuts seemingly believed Spielberg had killed a Triceratops :eek:
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...-triceratops-facebook-jurassic-park/12574887/

12. citizenzen macrumors 65816

When I was a kid we had a black & white TV that got about 4 channels, a rotary dial phone, and computers filled whole rooms in science labs.

That's the problem with viewing the world through that lens.

13. ActionableMango macrumors 604

ActionableMango

I will rephrase. The point remains exactly the same.

Anyone who thought the Feds were spying in bulk on all American citizens used to be considered to be a crazy paranoid with a tinfoil hat. Post-Snowden, we now know it was true.

14. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I'm afraid I still don't know how much of that is true and to what extent.

Do you? If so, please provide your source.

Thank you.

15. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

So, I'm supposed to have fallen for someone whom sourced a chemical composition, without ever question that composition? Anyone other than a fool would look for more than one source that was provided by the primary source in question. It also takes a staggering level of anti-intellectualism to simply accept a claim on the merits of just the sourcing from those partaking in a study.

16. DonJudgeMe macrumors regular

17. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

who said anything about YOU? there are millions of fools out there, I would not say YOU are one of them. [​IMG]

18. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

To paraphrase Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth...

"We must learn whether conspiracy theorists have crazy ideas. It would take decades of work, by thousands of scientists, in a sociology study powered by dump trucks of flaming grant money!"

19. xmichaelp, May 21, 2015
    Last edited: May 21, 2015

xmichaelp macrumors 68000

xmichaelp

Agreed, but you need to be able to differentiate stuff with evidence and stuff without evidence. It's rare you meet a self proclaimed conspiracy theorist who doesn't believe in every conspiracy under the sun.

All the sketchy stuff the CIA has done? Not conspiracies. 9/11 being perpetrated by Bush? Conspiracy crap.

20. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Yet you word things in a way that makes it seem you think the (mysterious congealed blob) "liberals" are the ones that just listen to whatever is said by a scientist. Quackery and its ability to be followed has no political allegiance.

21. G4er? macrumors 6502a

Helps explain the man made global cooling scam of the 1970s and the recent man made global warming scam.

22. sim667 macrumors 65816

America acted generally pretty awfully after 9/11 (not to say that 9/11 wasn't an awful act in itself), but America did use it as an excuse for a violent campaign, with literally no real evidence.

23. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

This post is an excellent example of the article. Well done sir.

24. unlinked macrumors 6502a

Except we knew that before Snowden.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAINWAY

25. ActionableMango macrumors 604

ActionableMango

Fair enough. I forgot about that and I'll give ya an upvote.

But my point still stands--people who believed this used to be considered crazy conspiracy theorists who should put on their "tinfoil hats", and now it's mainstream news and accepted truth.