Scorned Japanese woman dumps lovers Apple gear in bath

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Middleman-77, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Middleman-77 macrumors member

2. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

I hope the guy calls the police and files a report against her. And then subsequently takes her to court.

I don't approve of cheating. However, what she did was wrong as well. As such, she should be held legally liable for the damages, in my opinion.

3. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

4. Scepticalscribe, Apr 22, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2015

Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

A sense of proportion here, might be helpful.

Various forms of media have given us a number of stories of how scorned and rejected guys sometimes take a weapon of some description to the individual who scorned them, or cheated on them, or rejected them, and proceeded to try to kill her, sometimes succeeding in doing so.

While I don't applaud either destruction or violence, I do think that wrecking someone's property (howsoever cherished) is a considerably less damaging expression of rejected rage than slaughtering the adulterous or rejecting or scorning partner/perpetrator/spouse.

That is it, in a nutshell. Very well said.

5. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

Try finding a judge or jury who would sympathize with a cheater.:rolleyes:

If it were me (would never happen. I could teach a PhD course in loyalty at Doggie U.;)), I'd cut my loses and move on. Zero chances of earning the trust of a good woman if news of your cheating ways is all over the airwaves.

6. eko91 macrumors regular

7. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Well, my first thought is that the guy in the article you have linked is an idiot. A complete idiot. Someone who is almost illegally stupid, or incredibly…..um, cocky.

Read the article: He uses his wife's phone (not his own) to send what the paper described as a 'saucy' text to his lover…….and forgot to log out. And was then caught by a clearly incandescent spouse.

Now, given that I used to describe myself as a pacifist, I don't applaud violence or coercion of any sort in any relationship. Sexual relations, like political ones, ought to be based on mutual consent (and respect).

More seriously, though, while the media tend to highlight stories of the forms of anger expressed by the scorned female, (seeing it as almost risible, or slightly comedic in a ghastly way), the invariably extremely violent expression of a certain type of toxic male anger - one which has arisen out of a misplaced sense of entitlement - that has often led to the murder of the rejecting partner is an awful lot more dangerous.

8. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

Well, you're not wrong. However my first thought is that I always decline to follow links to the Daily Mail. ;)

9. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Actually, you are completely right.

For now, there are certain publications, and links, and sub-sections of this forum (I'm looking at you - Apple Watch threads, or, rather, I'm telling myself to stay very far away And Not Look At All) that are best avoided. Agreed.

10. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

11. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

‘wet bath” vs a dry one?? :p

I bet he’ll think with his big head next time.

12. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

13. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

Very, very true. While this has obviously a high price tag on the damage, at least no one was injured (unless the exBF came home and saw this and retaliated violently ).

Don't forget self harm and suicide. Turning anger inwards is common for some but absolutely devastating when taken this level.

14. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

Yes. Every year, hundreds of teenage girls (in USA) commit suicide. One of the top 5 reasons cited? Boyfriend problems (e.g. recently dumped or cheated on by BF).

Edit: to be balanced, I should mention that US suicide statistics note that suicide rates for male teenagers is MUCH higher than female teens.

15. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

Well he won't do that again. Karma sure is a bitch.