Scott Baio says "get over it"

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Oct 11, 2016.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

Scott Baio seems to also not understand the difference between talking and sexual assault.

PS Scott - no... this is not how men talk.

And I'm no supporter of Ryan - but Baio is the last person who should call someone a punk

2. MadeTheSwitch, Oct 11, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2016

MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Just like everyone got over Scott Baio. :D

Oh Chachi, what happened to you? You are jumping the shark.....again. First at the convention and now all over again. :(

3. pivo6 macrumors 68000

pivo6

I don't think that Joanie would agree with him. He's just full of ****.

4. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Paycheck. Talking heads (on both sides) don't appear on CNN, Fox, or MSNBC for free.

5. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

Hear that woman who don't like your crotches grabbed? Just get over it.

6. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Leave Scott alone. Let's all give him the space he needs as he relives the days when he could get any woman he wanted. Today, not so much.

7. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

I can't find anything that says he's a paid contributor though, seems more likely he's trying to hang on to any shred of relevancy he has left but he'll go down with the Trumptanic never to be heard from again after this election.

8. Populism macrumors regular

Populism

I will definitely NOT vote for Scott Baio in November.

9. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Me neither. Or for anyone connected to him. :D

10. thermodynamic, Oct 11, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2016

thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

In private, a decade or more ago.

In high school, many boys would talk like that.

My neighbors talk like drunken sailors too and they're 20 years younger than Trump.

Rock, metal, and rap have been crude for decades. Or hinted at it for decades more.

Even "The Runaways" were crude, as much as possible for 1975 in fact. Look 'em up. Not literally since the all-girl group would accuse you of acting crude.

(Obama had said it but most of the videos take it out of context. Still, if it's wrong to say it then is context relevant? I'd say yes because context is never irrelevant unless one lives in a vacuum. )

But Baio has a point. Men DO talk like that. Not always. Nor confined to one age group.

Or even gender.

And it's a huge insult to everyone in this country that we are all focusing more about this wedge nonsense instead of the actual issues. Trump said it once, no question. But anyone who says men don't talk about it or never had is being ignorant, willfully or naively or thinks "The Brady Bunch" was a documentary on real life.

I doubt Ben Franklin and George Washington, when going to their brothels of choice, were prim and proper with language when looking for a prostitute to bang. Sorry if you're ignorant but that's hardly news either.

Can we get back to the grown-up issues now that we all understand that self-delusion into thinking only one man, one presidential candidate, was guilty of saying something in the past when in one form or another that's damn well true of every last human being? Good grief.

And, I agree, it is crude. It's unevolved. Why people pretend people never have or never do... only as a political wedge issue. It's a joke.

11. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Sexual Assault is an issue. If you don't realize that, you haven't been paying attention to the news. Like - ever. It's not the crude statements. It's the admission of sexual assault. I know you're smart enough to realize that people aren't as upset about the language as they are about the actions he's now admitted to.

Baio has no point. Men do not talk like that. Some might - but not "men" as a group. It doesn't matter that it was 10+ years ago because HE HASN'T CHANGED one bit - and his latest tweet only proves it. His vowel movements about Miss Universe after the first debate proves it.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 11, 2016 ---
    It's ok - after the election, Scott and Donald can go out sexually assaulting women because they should just get over it.

12. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

I as a white male, I or my friends never talked about grabbing women's privates and saying 'I got away with it'. I'm not saying we were angels; our comments about women were at times crude but I never heard bragging about sexual assault or implying they would do it, let alone having done it. ... This goes for 'locker room', or drunk talk or whatever. Asshats talk like that, not 'men'.

I'm sure there's many examples of 'crudeness' is music, I hope that the ones that advocated/glorified sexual assault got the criticism they deserved. As for the Runaways... I can't recall anything about them advocating/glorifying sexual assault, yeah they were crude, addressing female sexuality head on in an overt manner and it sold millions of albums suggesting what was 'crude' sold to a substantial audience. It doesn't make it right, but it doesn't make it wrong either.

13. vrDrew macrumors 65816

It really depends. And in Scott Baio's case - probably not.

Cable TV (and other news sources) certainly pay to have experts on call. If you are expert in, for example, air crash investigations or computer security, CNN or MSNBC might have you on retainer to comment on an airline disaster or major security breach.

But people pushing a political agenda usually don't get paid. Sometimes someone like Corey Lewandowski will be hired as a consultant (and occasional talking-head) because of their specific inside information and perspective, and they will be identified as such.

Random celebrities, etc. such as Scott Baio - almost certainly doesn't get compensated He might get his parking validated and a can of Pepsi in the green room - but that's it. Most such D-Listers view their appearances on cable news as part of their PR routine. I'm mean, when is the last time anyone even remembered Scott Baio existed, prior to the Trump convention? I can't say I foresee a lucrative second career for Chachi, but who knows...