Scott Pruitt Lies like a dog about coal jobs

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by steve knight, Jun 10, 2017.

1. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

man someone that out lies trump hard to believe.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox...e_still_lying_about_coal_jobs_in_the_u_s.html

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

Did you mean like a cat? Yet to see a dog lie, cats in the other hand are evil and are plotting to kill you everyday

3. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

https://timedotcom.files.wordpress.com/2017/04/scott-pruitt.jpg?quality=85
    [​IMG]

https://blazepress.com/.image/t_sha...evil-cat-secretly-plotting-to-kill-you-20.jpg
    [​IMG]

Evil cats confirmed.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 10, 2017 ---
    From the every moment Trump took over (inauguration attendance announcement), its normal operation.

4. alex2792 macrumors 6502a

Why would you even lie about something that can be so easily cross referenced. Perhaps he's never heard of this Google thing.

5. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Because low information voters are fooled by this stuff.

6. noisycats macrumors 6502a

noisycats

7. Zenithal macrumors 603

I recall a fairly funny diary entry I first saw in 2003 or 2005 about a cat and a dog's life where they plot their owner's untimely demise.

8. noisycats macrumors 6502a

noisycats

Until either can master Amazon ordering, we have nothing to fear. But when that happens...we are doomed.

Robots are nothing against an enabled battalion of cats and dogs.

9. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

I'm not sure the point of Pruitt unless it's to obsufucate to buy more time...renewable energies create more jobs per dollar invested.

10. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

The name of the game: Fool The Suckers in full swing, especially the dwindling base.

Now, you have gone too far!!! Don't insert your cat bias into this forum! :p

11. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

Well, this isn't the first time the Trump administration has used the "big lie" technique in regards to the number of coal mining jobs being "saved"...

Back on Feb. 16, 2017, Trump’s signing of H.J. Resolution 38, eliminating the Stream Protection Rule, regulations that would have reduced the effect of coal mining on surface water, groundwater, fish and wildlife, which required companies to avoid mining practices that permanently pollute streams and destroy drinking water sources.

The administration claimed this repeal would prevent the loss of "7,000 clean coal jobs in 22 states" and several a Trump's lackeys claimed doing so would save "77,000 jobs", including Sen. Rand Paul (quote below.)

“I’m really pleased that we repealed a regulation that was going to be very, very damaging to my state. I went to the White House this week to see him sign. The repeal would have cost 77,000 jobs in the coal industry.” — Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), interview on ABC’s “This Week,” Feb. 19

So in other words, Trump amazingly saved "77,000 jobs" in an industry that currently only employs a grand total of about 50,000 persons nationwide!

Read more about this particular lie (that Trump lied bigly about)... and/or read even more, here...

12. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

Hence my argument in another thread that habitual lieing harms the country.

13. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

Had up to 8 cats. I tell you they are evil :eek:

14. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Good to check on one's accounts more often after having interrupted one of these gigs...

KittyCatWeHaveKnownToShopOnlinle.jpg

15. Cox Orange macrumors 68000

I found his "encomium" for Trump very strange, back when saw the announcement about leaving the Paris Accord. Is it normal, that the president brings his sidekick with him to hail him after speeches? Listen from 30:00 onwards
    It is so exagerating, it almost sounds like satire.

16. Foggydog macrumors 6502

Foggydog

So you're saying that you're catman? Truly evil for sure :p

17. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

if you feed strays they keep coming back........I do miss a few of the ones I liked. right now we have one with a litter of 3, they live outside so some leave , others are taken since they are tame and others have been run over by cars :(

18. Zenithal macrumors 603

I saw a kitten in someone's doggy purse today at the store. It had a Hitler mustache. Incredibly amusing.

19. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

It doesn't matter if he lies because the coal miners out of work know personally.

20. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

I wish it had been satire, but Scott Pruitt was basically foaming at the mouth to get out there and celebrate. This is like a crowning affirmation of where he was coming from before Trump showed up in the Oval Office and made him chief of the EPA he so deeply loathes.

He was forever taking the EPA to court over environmental regulations when he was Oklahoma's Atty General. He's been lauded by westerners I guess. Weird, since Oklahoma in particular keeps having trouble with earthquakes from wastewater in those injection wells that take in the hydrofracking fluids when no longer needed. But the ranchers and the oil and gas company workers and leaseholders are not fans of the EPA in that part of the west.

Being EPA chief now and being encouraged by Trump to gut his own agency... wow. And withdrawing from the Paris Accords elated them both, as if they had just got another jewel set in the crown.

The thing is if you're not a fan of their attitudes you watched that video on a laptop maybe and had trouble not throwing that laptop through a window. Well the lawsuits against the EPA this time will paradoxically be running in the other direction, eh? But some of those exec orders may not be overturned. It's a bleak looking picture to environmentalists.

It's just so mind boggling that Pruitt sits at the head of the EPA and is meant to try to defang and dismantle it.

To the barricades! #resist - but I'm going to ship a bit of money now and then to whoever takes Pruitt to court. Money talks... even five bucks at a time. And I know a lot of recipes for rice without the beans even :D

21. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

I had 3 strictly indoor cats that were wonderful for 15 years.

22. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

Trump seems to have been a pathological liar for most of his life, but lately he seems more delusional than ever before. He insistence that he's going to "bring back coal" does little other than to give unemployed miners a sense of false hope. I know a few miners locally that are making no plans or efforts to find other work or to seek retraining, as they desperately are holding onto the idea that something magical will happen and they'll be back to work soon.

Here in West Virginia, coal production (and employment) has been declining since the 1940s. And yet for 70+ years many of the locals have refused to acknowledge that reality.

23. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

Are you from West Va? My Grandparents farm was in Hambleton, West Va and it made my city childhood special. :) I know the economy there has been depressed for a long time. Am I correct in describing it's best economic times at the turn of and the early 20th century?

24. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Some cats think they are dogs.

Look at this one pointing like he's a bird dog. He's after the truth about coal mining...

SomeCatsThinkTheyAreDogs.jpg

25. macUser2007 macrumors 65832

This is an insult to both dogs and cats.

Scott Pruitt is a third rate attorney from a third rate school, whose main quality has been to be the best lackey he can be to those with (a lot) more money than he has. This is why Trump picked him.

And who knows if Mr. Pruitt understands that he is lying. He is delusional and thinks that global warming is a hoax, because God will not let us humans to destroy his creation.

Compared to this, the "50,000 jobs" claim is nothing....