Scrabble Style Game Suggestions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tek210, Jul 19, 2012.

1. tek210 macrumors regular

tek210

My brother in law and myself have been playing Scrabble for a while now but we are looking to try something new. Like the option to just play back and forth when we each have time. Not really into drawing so Draw Some is out. Words with Friends is basically Scrabble so that is out. But looking for suggestions on this type of game.

2. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

I don't understand. You like scrabble, but you don't want to play scrabble? :confused:

Are you essentially asking for 2+ player word games?

3. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

Scramble With Friends.

4. tek210 thread starter macrumors regular

tek210

We like the game but we have been playing it for about 4 months. Just looking for something different. We want something that let's you take turns at your own pace. Wish Monopoly or Risk had the option, but I don't think they do.

----------

Might have to give it a try.

5. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

6. tek210 thread starter macrumors regular

tek210

That gives us some good options, but I think I am looking for something other than a word game at this point. More along the lines of a board game turn by turn. There are so many that would lend themselves to this, but I have not found many.

7. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

I don't think there are many of those that work outside of a LAN or bluetooth connection.

8. tek210 thread starter macrumors regular

tek210

We're doing some Chess with Friends right now, which is interesting cause both of us are basically rookies with Chess. We know the moves the pieces can make, but not much strategy so it is an even fight.