scrambled audio sound out of media players

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by pietero555, Dec 26, 2011.

1. pietero555 macrumors newbie

Hi

I recently installed Tiger on an old Powermac G4. It had an old iTunes version on it. I've updated it to iTunes 9 which works. Also installed VLC Player, which works fine as well.

BUT

I have an external disc which has lots of music on it. I connected it and when I started adding songs to iTunes, the sound started to come out scrambled. Like listening to a Transformers soundtrack ;)

When I play the same songs with VLC, same problem! But when I watch a movie with VLC, no problem, beautiful sound.

So the problem ain't my soundsystem, it ain't my mac output, must be something with the audio or the players.. Am I missing some kind of audio codec (if that even exists)?

2. adcx64 macrumors 65816

adcx64

What format is the music your trying to play in?

3. pietero555 thread starter macrumors newbie

mp3!

4. adcx64 macrumors 65816

adcx64

That's weird...

Did you just add the songs to your iTunes library or did you actually copy them over onto the Mac? Just adding songs to the library doesnt ean you copied them to the Mac. Try copying just a few songs over to the Mac and see of they play right.

5. pietero555 thread starter macrumors newbie

yup pretty weird

cuz i clicked one, it played perfectly, second one played perfectly as well. But then suddenly TRANSFORMERNOIZE. I copied a few song onto my mac and try playing them, TRANSFORMERNOIZE.. then I listened to a song on youtube, and that's just fine..

6. adcx64 macrumors 65816

adcx64

Do you have another computer to try them on? Just trying to narrow this down.

7. pietero555 thread starter macrumors newbie

never had any problems with the mp3's on that disk, and now when I try them on my macbook, i don't have any problem with playing those same songs..

8. adcx64 macrumors 65816

adcx64

Hmmm, has to be an issue just with the powermac then... :confused:

Maybe someone could shed some light on this?

9. pietero555 thread starter macrumors newbie

Mysteriously it works again! Really weird! Hope it doesn't relapse!
    Thnx for the help