Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

birkensocks

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 12, 2018
Hi all,

As I was cleaning my Macbook Pro (late 2016 with Touch ID) screen today, I noticed there were some small dots and lines that couldn't be wiped off. I noticed they were there beforehand, as they line up with some keys on the keyboard, but didn't think much of it. But today I realized these are scratches and divots in my screen. Of course, this isn't affecting the performance or display of the device - I'm just wondering if there are any other people out there with this issue, and if this is a quality control thing.

Thanks!

birkensocks

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 12, 2018
Maybe something was pressing down on the top carrying while the laptop is being transported?
Now that I think about it, I remember a time when my friend was sitting on my bag when my laptop was inside. That might be it? Is there anything I can do about it?
[doublepost=1526162774][/doublepost]
Yes, others have noticed-- see this thread.
What can I do about it?

MC6800

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2016
No soapbox intended-- the screen can always be replaced. Just saying to not worry about it, as that's a whole lot cheaper.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.