Scratch report on new iPhone 4. Can everyone check their phones for scratches?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bigbrowntruck, Jun 25, 2010.

?

Is your naked iPhone 4 scratched?

1. No - Its been in my pocket

30 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No - Its not been in my pocket

9 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Yes - Its been in my pocket

5 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. Yes - Its not been in my pocket

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  5. Yes - I dropped phone

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Yes - But I am rough on the phone

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. bigbrowntruck macrumors member

Running naked right now and want to see if anyone has scratched their phone yet. If so, how? Just in your pocket and got scratched or you dropped it did something more violent.

Report:
    iPhone 4 32GB owned one day and not a single scratch. Been pretty careful but phone is in my pocket a lot of the time.

2. Nic10 macrumors newbie

Been using the phone all day and was careful to not put anything else in my pocket with it.

Just noticed a 1cm very fine scratch next to the front camera and another smaller one further up!! :mad:

Definately needs a screen shield. I tried the invisible shield but fine marks on it interfered with the display.

3. dahonam macrumors newbie

No scratches for me yet, i keep it in my pocket with nothing else in it. However, I did leave MOST of the original plastic apple had on it, i just cut out the earphone, front camera, home button and back camera/flash area, but the majority of it is still covered by the OEM plastic until I get my zagg shield in next week.

4. gdeputy macrumors 6502a

gdeputy

Have invisible shield front + back, so scratchless.

5. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

day 0 owner (23rd) and no scratches. It does seem to smudge a lot more than the 3G. I usually carry in my back left pocket, sometimes with change, sometimes not. Rarely in the front pocket, occasionally with keys.

6. Dsking85 macrumors member

no scratches yet. I've got a bestskinsever.com order coming though

7. codexavellum macrumors member

No scratches for me. I put in my pocket to come to work and it's been sitting out because I have been using it.

8. jettie1767 macrumors 6502

No scratches. Covered front and back with Brando screen protectors when I got it yesterday.

9. lilmitchmitch macrumors 6502

Always put in my front pocket with nothing else. When I'm sitting I've been taking it out and setting it on something soft. Or when I'm walking I simply hold it in my hand so it's not jostling around.

10. Chris3125 macrumors member

mine didn't until about ten minutes ago and my farther made a call on it, i left the room and when he was done he put it down on the desk, now there is a scratch on the back, by the apple logo, hardened glass my arse :/

11. ItsThatKush macrumors regular

for the first time ever... i'm going to try to use it naked. seems too beautiful to cover up.

no scratches. but i am very VERY careful. but again, it is only 2 days old.

12. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Phone is naked and I've been using it normally like I did my previous iPhone and so far so good. I kind of don't like how the back lays flat against a surface when I place it down so I decided to order the wrapsol film for it. Yes, it is too pretty to cover up with a case.