Scratch under the glass on my i5??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bahroo, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Bahroo, Oct 22, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2012

Bahroo macrumors 68000

Alright so in the middle of the screen i can see a pretty decently noticeable scratch that is under the glass. I checked to see if it was the glass and it isnt, its under the glass somehow and i dont get how some **** like this could happen? i even ran a toothpick over the scratch to try and see if i can feel any "bumps" or stoppage from what scratches usually feel like when you run for finger nail through it

2. tburk32 macrumors member

Does this look like a long scratch or like a chip? I noticed yesterday and started a thread about what looks like a stone chip in a car's windshield under the screen on the edge of the viewing area. Like I said in my thread I'm not sure if it is an air bubble, separation of the lcd and the glass or moisture.

3. darngooddesign macrumors G3

How long have you had the phone that you didn't notice it before? If it really is under the glass obviously it's a warranty issue for Apple.

4. Myiphone7 macrumors 6502a

Take it to apple and please post pics

5. VandyChem2009 macrumors 6502a

VandyChem2009

I really doubt this guy has a camera capable of capturing the kind of scratch he is describing.

6. Bahroo thread starter macrumors 68000

its like long scratch, not that long but its a scratch.. i tried taking a toothpick over the screen to feel for any scratches and bumps you know but nothing, i looked in the light at all angles to see for any scratches and nothing. i also have a slight scratch thats under the glass by the home button, by the black area, its defitnetly under the glass too and looks like some paint or something was scratched

----------

my brothers galaxy nexus actually picked it up im waiting for the MMS to come through so i can upload

7. Bahroo thread starter macrumors 68000

Im going to have to take a picture with my digital camera after class i will upload both of them when i get home

8. Bahroo thread starter macrumors 68000

Here are the pictures:

That feint line you see is more visible in person but zoom in and you should be able to see it

Attached Files:

9. Bahroo thread starter macrumors 68000

Other picture

The scratch is that gold speck/ line by the end of the screen protector on the left side where the screen protector doesnt cover

Attached Files:

10. Bahroo thread starter macrumors 68000

The scratch is that gold speck/ line by the end of the screen protector on the left side where the screen protector doesnt cover

11. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

I actually can't see anything in this case, and I usually notice the bends/chips/scratches/scuffs that people post about :confused:

edit: is it the small line to the bottom left of the home button between the screen protector and bottom edge?

12. Bahroo thread starter macrumors 68000

Yes that gold speck under the left side of the screen protector right by the case where the protector isnt covering

You cant see the scratch in the white picture? That black little line in the middle running diagnol?

13. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

Yeah, found that too. So one is under the screen and the other just on the bezel? The one on the screen might be dead pixels, not an expert on those though

14. Bahroo thread starter macrumors 68000

The scratch by the home button is under the glass, and the scratch in middle also seems to be a scratch under the glass. I tried running my fingernail and a toothpick over the scratches to feel for a bump and for some stoppage but nothing. I looked in the light at all angles for the scratch in the middle and i dont see any scratch at all

15. Shenaniganz08 macrumors 6502

dude get over it

Once again we need a subforum for these kind of OCD/OCPD/Anal retentive posts

16. Shenaniganz08 macrumors 6502

[​IMG]

You need some serious medical attention if this is what's bothering you

the other pic I cant see any scratches