Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Phantom Thief

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 27, 2004
I've read all about preventing and removing scratches from other parts of the ipod, but i haven't seen anything about scratches on the clickwheel, and unfortunately, thats exactly what has happened to my ipod. Any suggestions?

P.T.

dotnina

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2004
Devie said:
My friend just rubbed his a lot with his finger and it came off...

I wouldn't recommend this. Since the wheels are sensitive to touch, pressing too hard could damage the wheel.

I don't know how you might fix that. I've been thinking about click-wheel protection too. I guess for now, the best deal might be to stick it in a case. Hopefully someone else has a better suggestion?

Phantom Thief

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 27, 2004
Ok, i really hoped someone would have a miracle cure. Oh well, serves me right for being so careless :(

Thanks anyway, guys :)

P.T.

drlunanerd

macrumors 68000
Feb 14, 2004
I've got the same problem. My 40GB was housed in an iSkin Evo2 case, which doesn't cover the click wheel, and the remote rubbed on the wheel scratching it a little. I've now ditched the iSkin in favour of a Radtech PodSleevz case, which does cover the wheel. It also doesn't bulk the iPod out, being made of fabric.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.