Scratches out of metal band

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by metzy25, Aug 2, 2012.

1. metzy25 macrumors 6502a

metzy25

I have a few light scratches on my metal band, does any one know what I could do to get rid of them? Like tooth paste etc

2. Coldsnow macrumors regular

You can use the hard side of a sponge and scrub it out LIGHTLY. Make sure to use even pressure and go in one direction the whole time. Don't use toothpaste or bananas those are all don't work, and they will end up getting into one of the ports or just scratching it even more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s61rNjo73jg

3. quietstormSD macrumors 6502a

quietstormSD

I wouldn't bother trying to get rid of the small scratches on the metal band unless you are about to sell it. More scratches will just come back. Sooner or later your gonna be doing more harm then good constantly scuffing them out.

4. Shenaniganz08 macrumors 6502

exactly

the iPhone has a media blasted finish, you cannot replicate this. All you are doing is masking scratches by making more scratches ( I.E. a brushed metal finish)

If you use a polish you will make the problem worse by having shiny spots and dull spots. In fact most of these "scratches" are actually just worn down/polished areas of the metal band

Just leave it alone

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If you scratch the rest of the band those few scratches wont be visible any more.