Screen burn in

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jcorbin, Oct 6, 2013.

1. jcorbin macrumors 6502a

How long does it take to start burn in? I accidentally left something on the screen and it didn't turn off. Was probably on the screen for like 20-30 minutes. Should I be worried?

2. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Do you see a burned in image?

3. gCloud macrumors 6502a

no u shouldn't be worried. use and enjoy your phone.

4. jcorbin thread starter macrumors 6502a

No don't see anything. Just got worried. It was a black screen with white icons. Looks like it's set to dim after idle so must be normal to leave it on.

5. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

If you don't see anything out of the ordinary, I'm sure gCloud is right...relax and enjoy your phone! :D

6. Spidder macrumors member

LCD doesn't burn in that fast. 30min is ridiculous. If you leave your phone for a couple of weeks... then you can worry.

7. krspkbl macrumors 6502

krspkbl

I think it's pretty much impossible to get burn in on your iPhone.

Maybe if you somehow kept the screen turned on at all times and displayed the same thing then you'd see something after a few weeks or something. Under normal day to day use I wouldn't worry about it.

Basically, the only way to get burn in is if you go out of your way to try make it happen. However, if you do experience burn in due to a faulty screen or whatever then take it your local Apple Store!

Don't worry about it :)

8. elistan macrumors 6502a

I have a six+ year old original iPhone that's spent a significant portion of its life showing the weather app. As in, eight hours per night, every night, for YEARS. There is NO burn-in whatsoever.

9. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

10. Nevaborn macrumors 65816

Nevaborn

It is almost impossible to get screen burn on an lcd screen these days.

An iPhone should need little to no run in time and image retention should be little to non existent.

If your seeing extensive retention after a minor period of use especially on this screen tech, then I advise you to take it to an Apple store as it could possibly be a software issue causing a misfiring issue with the pixels.

Try a restore first though.

Also people seem to be confusing image retention and screen burn.