Screen Defect/Bubble

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tburk32, Oct 22, 2012.

1. tburk32 macrumors member

I just noticed today that there was what appears to be a bubble or separation on the very edge of the viewing area. It does not impact the viewing experience but I’m a little nervous about it. I’m almost positive there was no liquid contact with the phone but this mark almost looks like there is a water drop sitting under the glass. If I hold it at the right angle in light the defect looks like a stone chip in a windshield but it isn’t on the top where a chip could have occurred. I’m hoping this isn’t a drop of moisture between the glass and the lcd as that will not work out in my favor with the genius bar. I have until November 12th to decide if I want to keep the phone or not but it is quite annoying. I tried to take a picture of it but I can’t seem to capture it with a camera. (THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PICTURES. I know) Has anyone noticed this on their phones?

2. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

I remember there being posts about this happening way back with the 4/4S models. Could plausibly be a defect in the glass. Sometimes bubbles do form within the glass layers.

Take it in and have a Genius look at it.