Screen dimming couple seconds after waking

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by kevinf1990, Oct 4, 2017.

1. kevinf1990 macrumors member

I have an iPhone 8+ and have noticed something odd with the screen brightness upon waking the phone and turning on the display. Auto-Brightness must be on for the issue to happen.

First press the lock button to turn on the screen. Pay close attention to the wallpaper on your screen. After a a second you will see the screen abruptly dims slightly (not the auto brightness fade). I am running 11.0.2 and still see this issue.

I have been able to replicate this issue in a lot of the display phones in the Apple store (need to turn on auto-brightness as it is turned off in the display models).

Does anyone else see this? Anybody else finding this bug annoying?

2. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

I've seen it a few times, but I think it has something to do with True-Tone. When my true-tone is turned off, it doesn't do it.

3. kevinf1990 thread starter macrumors member

I've seen some correlation with true tone but not as much as auto-brightness. I've seen it happen even if true tone is off.

but definitely DON't see the issue if auto brightness is turned off

4. FelixDerKater macrumors 68030

FelixDerKater

The auto-brightness is a lot more zealous in 11.

5. ncrypt macrumors 6502

+1 also see this and find it quite annoying! Especially noticeable when the screen is full of notifications.

6. tkukoc macrumors 65816

tkukoc

Have to agree, 100%. Also believe it has to do with True Tone and of course IOS11 bugs. I'd imagine this will be adjusted in a future update. Beta 11.1 does not fix this issue however.