Screen has lines/external monitor works - MacBook-Late 2008

Syafka

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 22, 2016
Hi all,

I have a MacBook Pro 15.4" - Late 2008 which has a distorted display (see attached image) . The screen appears with lines/fuzziness. The MacBook Pro works with an external monitor so the graphics card is ok. Should i replace the screen or is it the inverter? Or is there anything else that could be causing this to happen?

Thanks.

Mark

Attachments

snaky69

macrumors 603
Mar 14, 2008
Hi all,

I have a MacBook Pro 15.4" - Late 2008 which has a distorted display (see attached image) . The screen appears with lines/fuzziness. The MacBook Pro works with an external monitor so the graphics card is ok. Should i replace the screen or is it the inverter? Or is there anything else that could be causing this to happen?

Thanks.

Mark
A fix is likely more expensive than what the machine is worth. If you can find a display on the cheap that you can test the computer with, you can give it a try but personally I wouldn't put a penny on that machine.

Syafka

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 22, 2016
That's what I thought too. I fired it up and was looking to use it as a second laptop when traveling but looks like it's headed for the bin now! Thanks for the replies.

Samuelsan2001

macrumors 604
Oct 24, 2013
That's what I thought too. I fired it up and was looking to use it as a second laptop when traveling but looks like it's headed for the bin now! Thanks for the replies.
I wouldn't be too hasty there stick it on eBay or Craig's list someone will give you a few quid for it for parts I expect.