Screen is off center after being dropped. Screen Catches on the Body

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by redchannel, May 29, 2010.

1. redchannel macrumors regular

redchannel

I recently dropped my Machine at an angle and it seemed to knock my screen off center. When closed, part of the machines body is exposed where it used to be covered by the screen. It's only off by a hairline or two. It sticks out the same distance on the back of the machine. When I open or close it, the machine catches on the body and makes a slight scratching sound. How can this be repaired ? How will the Apple store treat this ?The machine did power itself off as well. I'm hoping I wont have to pay an arm and a leg for a bent piece of plastic :confused::confused::confused::eek::eek::eek:

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

They'll treat it as user damage and won't repair it under Applecare. You'll have to shell out the big bucks to get it fixed.

Perhaps you could post a picture to illustrate the problem?

3. redchannel thread starter macrumors regular

redchannel

4. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

Again, as I posted in a similar thread, some credit cards (AMEX for one) provide insurance for accidental damage for a period of time..also, some homeowners insurance policies cover accidental damage as well and will cover some of the repair costs depending on your deductible..it is certainly worth a try...:)

5. Gorilla Power macrumors 6502

Gorilla Power

Best way to find out would be to take it to Apple itself. If they need to change the whole lid then you're in trouble..

6. dsprimal macrumors 6502a

dsprimal

7. Opstech macrumors 6502a

Opstech

thats too bad buddy. You should open it up to see if the hinges are bent. If they are, try to fix it.