Screen problem with the new received 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Vladislav, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Vladislav, Nov 3, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2011

Vladislav macrumors regular

Hey people, hope you can give me advice. I ordered 4S two weeks ago and received it just yesterday, and after i opened the box, i found that ive got a big blue round area on my screen, it can be seen especially with white background.
    Before you ask, obviosly i took off screen protector and tried to clean it,but no success here, its looks to me like a defect of the screen. Anyone else was experiencing that kind off odd problem?
    Also i noticed my screen got a really yellow tint, mustard tint :) i dont mind that, but that blue round area near the middle of the sceen is not acceptable.

Whats my options guys?
    i will send the phone back tomorrow, going to ring them first to ask what to do and when i will get replacement. How long its going to take to get a new one? again 2 weeks? that kind of sucks, being waiting for that phone seems like forever..

2. cababah macrumors 68000

if you go to the store, you can get it replaced on the spot. each store has several "new phones" just in black boxes (no accessories) for covering people who need a replacement. you don't have to wait 2 weeks.

if you send it in, i imagine it would be a 2-3 business day turnaround to get a new phone. you won't have any trouble getting it replaced either way but will obviously be without a phone if you have to send it to apple.

3. HotRodGuy macrumors regular

Do you have an apple store local? They should do a quick swap for you!

4. Vladislav thread starter macrumors regular

well, actually my nearest apple store will be quite far away, about 3 hours by bus! :) can i swap it in store? i heard that if you bought it online like i did, they cant swap it, becouse online sales and in store sales are separate, and i need a receipt? is that right?

5. cababah macrumors 68000

If they replace phones that were ordered from AT&T/Sprint/Verizon, I can't see HOW they could deny you a replacement if you ordered from online Apple store but I have heard of similar things in how Apple separates online vs retail purchases....

Doesn't hurt to call and ask before you make the road trip.