Screen problems with the 4S - dark spots

gladoscc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 13, 2011
I have just found out that there's two areas of whiter areas on my screen, with the rest darker. It's pretty noticeable when in landscape mode.

Should I see the apple store?

/user/me

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2011
I have just found out that there's two areas of whiter areas on my screen, with the rest darker. It's pretty noticeable when in landscape mode.

Since you're still under warranty it could be a good idea. do you have pics?

gladoscc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 13, 2011
I'll try to take them with a digital camera - screenshots wont show obviously.

Right now it's only distracting when reading black text on white. I actually though it was a feature of the reading mode until I found it existed on a blank page

----------

Only worry is not bring able to see it in the apple store with all the bright light.

Jordan921

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area
Are there any other flaws you are finding with the iPhone. Seems like would rather sit around and nitpick the phone to death rather then enjoying it.

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
Are there any other flaws you are finding with the iPhone. Seems like would rather sit around and nitpick the phone to death rather then enjoying it.
Why yes, it has a roving bug, a broken headphone jack, and a paranoid user.

gladoscc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 13, 2011
It doesn't have a broken headphone jack, that was on my other device

verwon

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2011
Seattle
I think it was the tape. That static electricity can be deadly. Or maybe it was the poking of something into the microphone.
Yes, I can see how that would also cause such damage.

I'm sure randomly deleting files doesn't help.

gladoscc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 13, 2011
Okay, reserved a spot at the genius bar. Hopefully I don't get a worse device.

iSayuSay

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2011
Hopefully the Genius Bar would beg him to accept refund and not using/asking another iPhone nor replacement. I think it's a win win solution.

Beside, OP don't know much about iOS/OSX development, riiiiiigght? Don't sweat yourself, please? :eek:

verwon

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2011
Seattle
Hopefully the Genius Bar would beg him to accept refund and not using/asking another iPhone nor replacement. I think it's a win win solution.

Beside, OP don't know much about iOS/OSX development, riiiiiigght? Don't sweat yourself, please? :eek:
I told him the other night that Android would be perfect for him!!!

gladoscc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 13, 2011

I don't know pretty much anything about iOS/OSX development (I'd probably need to google to write a "Hello World"), but I use Adobe Flash to make games for iOS. (Compiled via AIR)

gladoscc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 13, 2011
If you look close enough, you likely will!:eek:
Well, the current device is pretty distracting when reading black-text-on-white, as the dark spots are directly in the center.. And I paid $799 for it, I shouldn't have to deal with this.

/user/me

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2011
Well, the current device is pretty distracting when reading black-text-on-white, as the dark spots are directly in the center.. And I paid $799 for it, I shouldn't have to deal with this.
What did the genius bar say?

DanteMann

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2011

Please be aware any problem you see with the iPhone is not a problem with the phone. It is a problem with the user being picky because nothing is perfect. But these same problems with any other device is a reason to call that device crap and if you happen to also be a former iPhone user using said crap, it now becomes an excuse to go running back to the iPhone and to quickly post said experience in this forum to discourage anyone looking at possibly trying any other non apple device. Truth Sauce!

Bottom line, you got a dud, take it back.

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011

Yes, do you really need us to tell you that?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.