Screen protector scratches.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by P51, Mar 4, 2012.

1. P51 macrumors regular

I noticed I have some on my 4s. Is there anyway to tell of they're just in the screen protector or if they made it all the way through to the 4s outside of peeling it off?

2. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

No.

3. gjb11 macrumors regular

Highly doubtful they are thru the shield and onto the glass unless they were there before.

4. P51 thread starter macrumors regular

Well I do see the rainbow effect where the scratch is if I'm on a white screen (such as this site).

5. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

If they are all the way through, you will be able to feel them when running your finger over the screen, no doubt.

6. andyx3x macrumors 65816

If this is driving you nuts, just take the screen protector off and look and then put on a new one.

7. dsquared81 macrumors 6502

Is your screen protector static cling? If so pull it back, check, and reapply

8. Shadowbech macrumors 68030

Just take off the screen protector and check for yourself if there is any scratches. If not then move on.

9. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Honest question: Will you take different actions depending on the answer? For example, if you're just curious don't take it off and don't worry about it. If you want to try and have it repaired with AppleCare I would wait until your AppleCare is about to expire or until another issue (possibly) develops. If it's for resale value I wouldn't worry about it and simply mention the screen protector has a scratch.

I've never seen one, but if it went clear down to the glass I assume it would be easy to tell.