Screen protector scratches.

P51

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 9, 2009
I noticed I have some on my 4s. Is there anyway to tell of they're just in the screen protector or if they made it all the way through to the 4s outside of peeling it off?

P51

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 9, 2009
Highly doubtful they are thru the shield and onto the glass unless they were there before.
Well I do see the rainbow effect where the scratch is if I'm on a white screen (such as this site).

andyx3x

macrumors 65816
Mar 1, 2011
If this is driving you nuts, just take the screen protector off and look and then put on a new one.

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
I noticed I have some on my 4s. Is there anyway to tell of they're just in the screen protector or if they made it all the way through to the 4s outside of peeling it off?
Honest question: Will you take different actions depending on the answer? For example, if you're just curious don't take it off and don't worry about it. If you want to try and have it repaired with AppleCare I would wait until your AppleCare is about to expire or until another issue (possibly) develops. If it's for resale value I wouldn't worry about it and simply mention the screen protector has a scratch.

I've never seen one, but if it went clear down to the glass I assume it would be easy to tell.