Screen Protector vs. No Screen Protector

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LeStudMuffin, Sep 17, 2012.

1. LeStudMuffin macrumors newbie

I have been looking on at videos on youtube and the screen never gets scratched when people try to scratch it. Should I take my chances and not use a screen protector on the new iPhone?

2. Saberon macrumors 6502a

I always use a screen protector, I actually like the feel better and the anti-glare ones are fantastic.

3. 3dflyboy1 macrumors 6502

No screen protector for me. I can't stand how they make the screen feel (and they often cost too much). I've never had a problem with any of my phones/ipod touches/iPads without screen protectors. :cool:

4. LoEdge macrumors member

I agree, i have a anti glare screen protector on my 4 right now and its great, very smooth, almost like a matte feeling, thats what im going to get for the 5

5. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

I use BSE - bestskinsever.com on my phone to protect the back. But I don't get the total body skin. It gives it a touch extra grip and keeps it from scratches/damage short of dropping it. right now they are about $6.

http://www.bestskinsever.com/iphone-5-skin

On the screen, I have gone with a screen protector - the film not the skin kind, and I have gone naked. you can scratch the screen, but it doesn't happen easily.

I have used a Steinheil SGP series film on my iPhone 4 and they're great. The oleophobic resists fingerprints and the crystal is a truer clearer film. You can wet apply them to make sure you get no bubbles, because static cling films are tough to get down right. They come two in a pack for about $15 so when one gets cruddy, replace it.

http://www.spigen.com/cell-phone/ap...hone-5-screen-protector-steinheil-series.html

I think I spent about $22 total incl. shipping and I never use a case.

6. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

Going to need a protector for the back so that aluminum doesn't get scratched to hell

7. Catloverwrestler macrumors newbie

i'm also wondering on whether or not I need a screen protector!!!

8. CyBeRino macrumors 6502a

I used to have a screen protector on my 3G, and that one needed it. I haven't had one on my 4 and it's been fine.

9. mpossoff macrumors 68020

I don't use my iPhone until I get front and back protection. In fact I'll take my iPhone 5 still in its factory plastic to AT&T as soon as I get my iPhone this Friday and have them install Zagg front and back. Or got to the Clear-Coat kiosk.

10. NJMacJunky macrumors member

I put Zagg screen protectors on all of my devices. They work the best and are the clearest. I used to put them on myself but the headaches of seeing the air bubbles made me switch to having them put on at a kiosk or BesBuy for $10.

11. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

I've never used a screen protector since my 1st gen iPod Touch.

Never had any scratches, until a week ago. I have no idea how I got it, but it couldn't have come at a worse time as I am trying to sell my 4S now :O

But I am not sure what I am going to do with the 5. I just don't like the feel of having a screen protector...

12. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

I've never put a screen protector on any of my existing or previous phones/iPads/iPods. Personally I don't like the feel of any screen protector (especially Zagg. There is way too much friction) and I also don't put anything in the same pocket as my phone, so nothing to worry about scratches there. Never had a scratch going about my business like that *knocks on wood*