Screen scratch already

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by geoelectric, Sep 21, 2012.

1. geoelectric macrumors 6502

geoelectric

Heh, stuck my iPhone 5 in a case literally the moment it came out of the box this morning. No screen protector yet because they're still on the way from Spigen. Spent a little time in my pocket alone, no keys.

Looked at it tonight under a really bright overhead light, and voila, 1 cm hairline scratch in the oleophobic coating. Doesn't catch a fingernail at all, and completely invisible under anything other than direct bright light, but damn that was quick!

2. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

The way I look at it is the phones gonna get wear and tear marks, but not from the getgo !

Their will be some who will be inspecting theirs under a magnifying glass with light built in.

3. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

I think the best thing everyone can do for their sanity is quit inspecting their phones under 1000x magnification and halogen headlights.

4. geoelectric thread starter macrumors 6502

geoelectric

Yeah, I'm not bugged. You can't really see them in real life. My iPhone 4 has a ton of these little marks on it, mostly in swirls from dust on the cleaning cloth, and I take pretty good care of it. Looking at it casually, you wouldn't think it was scratched at all. Figure I got this one the same way.

I'm mostly just amused. Less than 12 hours is a record for me!