Screensaver on Dual Monitor Setup -- Weird.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by infosoak, Jan 27, 2009.

1. infosoak macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have a dual monitor setup. A 20" ACD attached to my 15" MBP. I have my screensaver set as photos. All of a sudden, when my screensaver activates, my MBP screen is just stuck at "Looking for Photos". The ACD is scrolling through photos just fine.

The only thing that has changed from last night (when it was working) to today is the install of the iDVD and iLife update that came available last night.

Anyone ever see this?

Thanks.

2. baeradise macrumors newbie

screensaver dual monitor reply

i have no answer just wanted to say that i too have exactly the same issue, in other words "ditto".
    my 20" Compaq get's all the fun while my 13"MB is stuck with "looking for Pictures". and come to think of it, mine started the same thing since i have done my updates also.
    wish there was a solution out there as i find it a rather annoying issue.:eek:

3. z1ross macrumors newbie

Same issue here!!

I'm having the same issue and there is an error listed in the console (listed it below). Exactly the same problem with one monitor showing the pictures properly and the second stuck at "Looking For Pictures..." Has anyone found a fix yet? I'm 100% sure this has something to do with the iPhoto update that cam out this week.

. Jan. 31, . Jan. 31, 2:37:45 AM [0x0-0x115115].com.apple.ScreenSaver.Engine[6760] ScreenSaverEngin[6760]: [WSX] Will not load into com.apple.ScreenSaver.Engine as the hard coded exclude list says no.

. Jan. 31, . Jan. 31, 2:37:46 AM ScreenSaverEngine[6760] Couldn't find media group Nice!

4. exoriare macrumors member

Me too.

Though if you open the screensaver preferences and press the test button it works OK. Also there only seems to be a problem in slideshow mode. If you use collage or mosaic, both screens find the pics.

Very annoying.

I've a feeling this should go in the Mac Apps section, as I'm assuming it's an iLife issue.

Edit: This is odd. My partner has the same hardware configuration as me, but has only just installed the iLife update. But she does not have the same problem - both screensavers work fine.