SCRREN COMPARISONS: MBA 11.6, 13.3 (Rev D) and MBA Rev C

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by alpinadvl, Oct 23, 2010.

1. alpinadvl macrumors regular

Was at the apple store today... and took some pics with my iphone to compare the screen resolutions of both new MBA's.... however, I didnt take a pic of my Rev. C with the two new models, however, I included screen shots from it.

Hope this is helpful to those out there considering buying one of the new computers.

The only thing I noticed (beyond the difference in resolution) was
    1. that the 11.6 MBA colors were more washed out. The 13.3 MBA was sharp and crisp.

2. There is a real "novelty" of using the 11.6 MBA - it just doesnt seem like something you would have ever imagined apple would make. Pretty enjoyable to use.

Attached Files:

2. bossxii macrumors 68000

I assume both were at the same brightness? When you say "sharp and crisp" when compared to the 11", was it text or a picture or what sort of image were you looking at? The 11" and 13" I had the chance to view were in a Best Buy but the lights are so bright, it washed out every screen there imo, here at home the 11" seems fine but I didn't spend another 1200 on the 13" to bring it home to compare lol.

3. alpinadvl thread starter macrumors regular

they were at the same brightness (max). It was overcast today in SF... so got a good sense of the screens.

I looked at pictures, text, and video... the 13.3 was definitely crisper, brighter, and felt more saturated.

4. Adidas Addict macrumors 65816

Adidas Addict

I'm really glad I have ordered the new 13.3, the 16:9 ratio put me off the 11.6. Your photo's really confirmed my worries about 16:9 on a relatively small screen.