Scuba diver on the hunt for OBL

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Simgar988, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Simgar988 macrumors 65816

Simgar988

This self-proclaimed "treasure hunter" is at the head of a multi hundred thousand dollar search for OBL body, using equiptment that was used to find the titanic.

He already has investors from multiple countries, a 180 foot yacht, and an "approximate location."

But seriously, the ocean is f'n big!! Contact my bookie if you wanna place a bet.

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Your link doesn't seem to work, it just took me to CNN's main video page and I couldnt find the video you tried to link too. That said, unless his approximate location is very good it will probably be impossible. Look at how long it took to find the air France plane, and a plane is much bigger than a body and they did have an approximate location as well.

3. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

I choose to believe he's going into the foundations of Ground Zero re-construction. :)

4. decafjava macrumors 68000

decafjava

Even if he know the exact location, by the time he got there the fish/sealife would have eaten any remains I suspect.

5. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

This may protect it?

His future goal. Is the body the property of a particular nation? Or free for the taking?

6. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

he will never find it. Chances are it is under the mud by now and it is so small that there is nothing that can really stand out on it.

7. jeremy h macrumors 6502

Ha ha - hilarious. If his 'investors' want to get in touch I could help them loose their money in far more fun ways...

Most divers I know struggle to find 5,000 tons of rusty steel in a big pile on the seabed leave alone a single (Osma?) Bin Bag with a bit of lead in in. They're going to dive an awful lot of rocks!

(At a guess - the Titanic must stand 30m or so on the seabed - a body bag - what do you reckon? 12 inches?)

8. ratzzo macrumors 6502a

ratzzo

Good luck scouring every last bit of the ocean floor. This is unthinkable. As one wise man once said, there are people for everything.

9. barkomatic macrumors 68040

Sounds like a scam to me. The guy gathers investors and gets to play around in the ocean while giving himself a fat salary--and then its declared a failure 6 months later. It's kind of irresponsible to entertain the notion of even looking for the body -- considering the massive security and political issues it would cause if it was found.

10. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

11. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

He's looking for radicals to pay him millions, in order to stir the fire.

I hope he breaks a lung in this endeavour.

12. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

lol ... has the makings of a body swap story

13. Simgar988 thread starter macrumors 65816

Simgar988

Ouch, why? See,s a harsh wish on another.

14. justaregularjoe macrumors 6502

Two things:

1) Wow. You don't even need to accomplish a given task to become a celebrity these days, you just have to make a lot of noise planning to do it.

2) He should stop and think about the fact that stealing the body (which half of the Muslim world is already furious that it was unable to give him a proper Muslim funeral), performing tests on it and then deciding what to do with it is incredibly, outlandishly dangerous. I don't want to say anything racist, but a Dutch man was killed for drawing the face of Muhammad. What do you think they will do to a man who claims Osama bin Laden as sunken treasure for the taking?

15. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

If he finds it, then we know who to call the next time a plane crashes in the middle of the ocean and we can't find the black box for 2 years.

16. _Matt macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I hope he doesn't find it, but if he even comes close I would expect CIA and DoD to pay him a visit and discuss the various reasons why he will not be bringing him to the surface.

If he does in fact succeed, hand the body over to FDNY to cut into 3,000 little pieces to feed the new potted trees and plants in the lobby of the new WTC.