Scuffs out of the box on White iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ducatiti, Sep 21, 2012.

1. ducatiti macrumors 6502a

So we hear that there are a lot of black IP5 that are noticeably damaged out of the box. How does the girly white versions compare? I'm waiting delivery of a white one myself.

2. megsalias macrumors regular

3. jenjenpips macrumors newbie

4. heliopian macrumors newbie

Mine has a tiny mark on the right and then a small crack where the aluminum meets the glass.

5. MacGurl111 macrumors 65816

MacGurl111

Mine has a knick on the bottom right side. It's where the aluminum is. Don't know if I even want to bother returning it....

6. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Can't really say since I haven't seen any "girly" white versions. Didn't know they even made those.

7. ducatiti thread starter macrumors 6502a

Just when the rMBP came out, lots of customers had little nicks, dents, and scuffs. I guess this happens when the manufacturing process is rushed to meet the demands.

8. Sabs- macrumors newbie

Seems as though the white versions are being reported as having nicks with less frequency, but it could be that there are more users of black iPhones here (or that it's just less noticeable on the white phone).

9. Blinny83 macrumors member

10. Tucana macrumors newbie

My wife's white phone already has two significant scratches on the front. One kind of goes in a loop on the left side, the other stretches from the right to the middle. She has no clue how it happened. Does anyone think it may have come like that, and anyone have experience with exchanging it for a different one? No flames just asking.

Attached Files:

11. tonedef407 macrumors regular

My black came the same way. Ticks me off because the rest was flawless.

12. AmpSkillz macrumors regular

AmpSkillz

fresh out of the box, my wife's white 16gb verizon model had 2 scratches about 1/2 and 3/4 cm long on the upper right hand side near the little white break point (1 above & 1 below) . They were pretty obvious just glancing at the phone even from 2 feet away. Scratches were fairly wide for scratches but i could not feel them, so not deep.

13. bwhli macrumors 6502a

bwhli

Lined up three hours on launch day for my phone. First phone had blue dye all over the right side of the antenna band. Second phone had what appeared to be dried glue on the back between the glass and aluminum. Third phone had a small ding, but I decided to take it because I didn't want to look like a tool.

Fast forward a few days. Home button stopped functioning. Took it to the Apple Store. They replaced the phone, no questions asked. Replacement was in perfect cosmetic condition. Left the store happy. Went out to dinner a few hours later, and took a few photos. Photos all had this little white smudge thing in the same spot. Took a look at the lens and saw a little piece of dust inside the lens.

I think all the replacements I've gotten so far have been justified. It's getting horribly inconvenient! I just want a phone that works...