Scum Walmart blames Tracey Morgan for his injuries.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MacNut, Sep 29, 2014.

1. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

If this doesn't get you to stop shopping at Walmart nothing will.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...acy-morgan-for-not-wearing-seatbelt/16444487/

2. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

How about putting Walmart hate aside and discuss the issue... By not wearing seat belts (the are not required in buses, limousines and RVs) are you responsible or partially responsible if you get injured? What about a motorcyclist without a helmet?

No doubt the Walmart driver caused the accident but would the injuries have been as severe if seat belts had been worn? Basically, did he contribute to his being injured?

3. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

A fully loaded tractor trailer going full speed against a stopped bus. I don't think anything would help.

4. AxoNeuron macrumors 65816

AxoNeuron

5. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

That depends on how the injuries occurred. Was the driver of the limo bus injured? Did the injuries happen because of the truck impact or because he bounced around the bus like a pinball? I think there's going to be some split liability. Possibly even three ways. Walmart, limo company and unbelted passenger. Is he still going to get paid? You bet but it may lower the settlement.

6. b3av3r macrumors regular

b3av3r

I'm sure Wal-Mart is self-insured so they are acting the part of the insurance company in this lawsuit. Any insurance company will try any defense to lower the amount they must pay out. If it was a truck insured by State Farm, Progressive, etc. they would probably be saying the same thing or wishing they could have thought this defense up if it works.

7. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

Walmart and Walmart Distribution Center are the largest employers in my town since the two clothing mills shut down. Before we got the super Walmart, the groceries and gas were more expensive.

8. AxoNeuron, Sep 29, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2014

AxoNeuron macrumors 65816

AxoNeuron

dont even bother defending Wal Mart. Seriously, it's a waste to even try. There is such an enormous number of examples out there proving at Wal Mart is ran by a bunch of delusional right wing incompetent clowns that it's really not even worth your time.

For example, Wal Mart frequently hires people to work part time, JUST few enough hours to cheat them out of healthcare. Then, Wal Mart advises their poor employees how to apply for Medicare.

The free market, right? We as a society are paying the costs of Wal Mart employee healthcare. Something Wal Mart is too cheap to do. I personally think that universal healthcare would be a good thing, but not when Wal Mart gets to simply keep all of the profits it saves from not providing healthcare to itself.

Frankly, if a company like Wal Mart insists on contributing so little money to the American people, we should stop contributing so much money to Wal Mart. They might hire a lot of people, but they kill even more jobs than they create. And the jobs they do create SUCK compared to the jobs they replace.

9. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Medicaid, not Medicare.

10. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

There were a bunch of successful mom & pop shops that provided GOOD jobs that people could make a living on in my area until the scum of the earth megacorps like Walmart and Home Depot came in and put them all out of business. Now all we have are **** 35 hour a week $8 an hour jobs where their workforce is subsidized by welfare and food stamps.

Walmart and the rest of the megacorps like it are one of the main reasons for the fall of the America.

11. AxoNeuron macrumors 65816

AxoNeuron

Good point :)

----------

Preach!

Even worse, I've been fortunate enough thus far in life that I've never had to apply to Wal mart or a similar job since I graduated high school. But I've heard that trying to get even a minimum wage job now is incredible, it's like applying to the CIA.

Honestly, in my opinion, if you are going to pay someone minimum wage, it shouldn't be legal for you to require frequent drug tests, a background check, or a five-stage interview process. If you're going to pay **** wages, then you shouldn't be able to make the poor folks applying to those positions jump through so many hoops for the mere pleasure of a slave-like job.

12. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

But they told us the wealth would trickle down...

13. b3av3r macrumors regular

b3av3r

Not going to get into the debate about Wal-Mart being good or bad for the US/economy/etc. However, I worked at Wal-Mart for a little over a year. It was not a complicated process to apply. I filled out my application online from my house and got a call back for an interview. I went in and talked to a department manager who handled interviews and then to the day shift manager for the area I would be working. Each interview took about 10 mins. and after the second I was told I had the job as long as I passed the drug test. I was given an appt. at the clinic WM uses for their drug testing (it was about 10 mins. from the store) the same day as my interview.

I started orientation less than a week later where I completed all my new hire paperwork and started training for my position.

There was no background check of any kind and I would say it was one of the simplest interviews/hiring processes I have ever been through. Also, personally if I am hiring someone whether for minimum wage or for 200K/year I want to know if they are doing illegal drugs before I hire them.

14. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

I bet you don't need a drug test to be a doctor...

15. b3av3r macrumors regular

b3av3r

Excellent source you have there.

And I can see the similarities between a job that requires a high school diploma with no training or experience and a job that requires 4 years of college, 4 years of medical school, and 1 or 2 years of residency.

16. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Drug tests for 99% of jobs (unless it's some type of military/leo position where they actually watch you) are pointless since you can beat them with a $15 bottle of fake pee from your local head shop anyways. It's not about drugs, it's about making money for the drug testing companies. All while their CEOs are laughing all the way to the bank with hookers and cocaine.

17. b3av3r macrumors regular

b3av3r

After doing a little reading, it looks like urine tests are only good for detecting weed (just about everything else is out of your system in 2 -3 days) and of course the urine test is easy to cheat.

If I was an employer, I would like to know if a prospective employee did coke or heroin or meth in the last month or so but looks like a urine test is not the way to go about it. It looks like these just cost WM money and employees who smoked weed and were too lazy to drink a few extra glasses of water.

18. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Well I hope you can see the similarities between a job that requires stocking shelves with Chinese made knick knacks and a job that puts people's lives in your hands.

19. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

It's my firm belief that anyone who can work a shift at Wal-Mart and endure it without engaging in narcotics use cannot be trusted.

20. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

Don't let anything like facts get in the way of your Walmart hatred. I knew this thread was headed for another Walmart hate thread. So many hate Walmart but the truth is it wouldn't matter if they were saving the seals, curing cancer and feeding the hungry. The left is going to hate them.

Wal-Mart Returning To Full-Time Workers-Obamacare Not Such A Job Killer After All?

Personally, the only thing that is going to cause me to stop shopping there is after Apple Pay rolls out and they aren't taking it. I'm looking forward to no longer carrying a wallet.

21. AxoNeuron macrumors 65816

AxoNeuron

25,000 employees? That's it? They hire well north of a million people, and over half of them make LESS than a measly $25,000 a year. It would be good to see Wal Mart start to pay for employee healthcare instead of shifting that burden to the American public while keeping the profits for themselves. But that just doesn't seem to be happening. It seems to me like your article was simply a PR stunt.

http://www.businessweek.com/article...walmarts-hourly-workers-make-less-than-25-000

Wal Mart has been incredulously destructive to the American economy. It's like the crack cocaine of the U.S., we just can't say no.

22. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

Wait, the new ACA makes it to where all those people will be insured. They will more easily get subsidies to get that insurance. So it's all good, right?

23. LumbermanSVO macrumors 65816

I don't shop there because of my experiences delivering to their stores and distribution centers. They treat truck drivers from outside carriers like absolute crap. Between their policies and their employees attitudes towards outside carriers, it's a miserable experience. I'll now go out of my way to avoid their stores.

24. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

No, it's not all good as long as Walmart et all continue to expect the taxpayers to subsidize their labor force through welfare and food stamps.

25. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

Walmart pays the wage that the employee and company agree upon when they take the job. No one holds a gun to their head and tells them that they have to accept it. Let's be honest, they don't pay any worse than anyone else. It isn't Walmart's fault that a person has a family that they can't afford to feed. In the USA we don't determine the pay based upon the need of the employee.