Search Inside Outlook 2011 not working and I don't even appear to have an Office 2011 Identity Folde

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by michaeledwardmarks, Oct 18, 2015.

1. michaeledwardmarks macrumors newbie

I can't search mail items within Outlook 2011.
    I always get a "No Results" Message.

I know this is often caused by problems with the identity database and spotlight indexing.
    This is where it gets more interesting.
    I don't actually appear to have an identity folder in the MUD folder within Documents.

Clearly I have an identity as Outlook works but there is no database etc etc within the MUD folder.

I've tried
    1) Rebuild Identity - works in the sense that it says it has done it but still no identity in MUD and still no search
    2) Copy an identity folder over from another user, call it Main Identity and then make a new identity using Microsoft Database Utility called Main Identity hoping it will use that folder - no joy
    3) Re-installing Office fresh - no joy

The other users on the computer do seem to have an identity within MUD so I wonder about creating a new OS X identity, getting that working and copying over all my data to that one but would like to avoid that if possible as lots of files to move etc.

I'm running Outlook 2011 most recent update (as of 18th October 2015)
    El Capitan 10.11

Suggestions welcomed

2. CoastalOR macrumors 68000

CoastalOR

The first thing that came to my mind is could the Microsoft User Data folder be in the Documents folder of another User?

3. michaeledwardmarks thread starter macrumors newbie

Not the case - there should be one identity per OS X user account - so the other user of the computer has one in
    User2/Documents/MUD
    but there isn't one in
    User1/Documents/MUD