Search Results for songs within Music Player lacking compared to Global Search?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by dialekt, Jul 2, 2015.

1. dialekt macrumors member

Noticed something very strange and annoying. When searching within the actual music player I realized that I'm not seeing complete search results/song selections. But when I do a global search from home screen the songs I was looking for show up. Even when I search within a playlist within the music player that I know the song is contained in, it does not show up. Anyone else experiencing this? iOS 8.4 (The release version. Not Beta)

2. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

Are you expanding the categories? For example if I search for "Culture", I get a section that has three songs (by Culture Beat and Culture Club). If I tap "SONGS >" it shows me ALL the songs that contain the word "culture" in the name or artist field.

3. dialekt thread starter macrumors member

Interesting just tried your way. Didn't think of doing that because "songs" is so small and doesn't really draw attention to say "tap me for more results".. Just wondering how or why this is setup like this or how it makes sense? Forgive me for me continued confusion. It says songs but underneath are the results..shouldn't songs be in a column next to "My Music"? Seems like it would make more sense there. What is it searching exactly when you type a song in the search field and My Music is highlighted then? And why only 3 results?