Seattle man tests transgender rule by undressing in women's locker room

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Feb 17, 2016.

1. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

indeed :p

based on the article seems the "man" is just out to ruffle feathers, staff has protocols in place but did not say what those protocols where, the man at no time claimed to be transgendered .

2. cfedu Suspended

cfedu

Ya!! And house robberies will keep happening so why lock your front door!!! Holy, do regressive leftist even think of prevention? The only prevention you guys agree with is "teach men not to rape" and to only let criminals have guns.

3. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

family restrooms would fix many of this, there is no need to discriminate against a few when simple changes can work for everyone IMHO

4. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    No, it's more like you're arguing that if you DON'T keep your doors locked at all times, YOU WILL DIE!

There are no barriers to keep anyone from being lewd and crude in the ladies room as is, so why are we suddenly making such a big deal about it now that some other social issue has come up concerning our public bathrooms?
    --- Post Merged, Feb 19, 2016 ---
    I might agree with you, but I haven't read any articles in this thread, so...

...I don't know what you're talking about!

5. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

there is a link in post one , as my alter you should always know what I am talking about, unless of course you are trying to keep up appearances :p

6. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

I don't know what you're talking about with this whole alt thing...

ehehehehe

7. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

look at my Kazoo while I talk.....:p

8. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

I SHALL PLAY CAMPTOWN RACES ON MY KAZOO WHILE I DO SO!

9. cfedu Suspended

cfedu

I agree, but some have the all or nothing approach not able to compromise at all even if it will increase risk to other groups.

http://www.nationalreview.com/artic...-resembling-classmates-rapist-katherine-timpf
    There was a girl in an american college who had a student banned for resembling her rapist even thought he was not.
    A man is banned for looking like someone and you don't here any noise, but any inconvenience for a minority and you are a shitlord.

What if a there is a rape survivor in the change room and out of nowhere some big guy walks by her naked staring at her?
    If a little bit of inconvenience if required to increase safety so be it. A 6'3' transwoman with a beard dressed like a man and looks like a man should not be allowed in a woman change room without a doctors note or some ID, is this is too much to ask? If these types of incidents do become more common, it will only hurt the community and bring more violence against them. A regressive leftist does not care about this, they just want to feel morally superior even if it is going to hurt people.

10. profmatt macrumors 68000

profmatt

Where are you getting this nonsense from? Do you understand gender identity at all? There is no such thing as a transwoman with a beard dressed like a man demanding entry to the women's locker room.

The problem with America is that you are all trained from the youngest age to be fearful and paranoid. Everyone and everything is a threat -- and it must be resisted with deadly force.

Here in the UK it's half past ten at night and my front door isn't locked. I'll see to it later before I go to bed.

11. wepiii, Feb 19, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2016

wepiii macrumors 6502a

There is a difference between being paranoid and being smart and prepared. I have never been robbed, but I lock my door whenever i'm home, because why not. Same reason I wear my seat belt in the car and have a fire extinguisher in my kitchen.

Can you explain the "family restroom" concept to me? As a small business owner, all I can see is $$$ signs, but maybe I am not really understanding what your mean by family restroom. Does that idea just change the assignment of the current restrooms in place, or are we talking a complete overhaul of facilities?

12. Mac'nCheese Suspended

Mac'nCheese

Why would you wear a seat belt in your kitchen?

13. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

Change the signs. Keep the male restroom as is and just change the females
    Caitlyn Jenner is still a male who dresses as a female and is looking to date females. So yes things are pretty confusing

14. cfedu, Feb 19, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2016

cfedu Suspended

cfedu

i
    gender identity has nothing to do with how one dresses or facial hair, it has to do with the way you identify. It's not my fault the trans community has perverted the definition to mean anything, like gender fluid.

Can you cite a source which states a 6'3" transwoman with a beard and dressed as a man can't identify as trans? If it's your personal opinion, you are just as ignorant as people who say gay people choose to be gay.

I'm in Canada

Good for you, Do you also not lock the door when you leave the house an no one in home?

15. stroked Suspended

stroked

I believe he does, from the racial slurs that he has used in the past.

16. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I think to be trans you have to look like the gender you are emulating.

17. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Yup. It's pretty doubtful a male to female trans will be sporting a full on beard.

18. cfedu Suspended

cfedu

"I think god exists"!!! does that make me correct?
    Would a cisgender women who dresses like a boy not be a woman? Your clothing has nothing to do with the gender you are and what other people think is your gender has no bearing on the gender one choses to identify as. You statement sounds very transphobic.

Lets go back to the dictioary

If a person does not sound gay, would you as the arbiter of truth declare them heterosexual based on the way they sound or look?

Here is a list of how many different types of trans people there are.

http://genderqueerid.com/gq-terms

19. jkcerda, Feb 19, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2016

jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

since its only an "identity" you can look as you wish
    Caitlin still has a penis, dresses as a female and looks for relationships with other females, how is that for confused?

Basically what ever you and I think what a person should be does NOt matter

20. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Some people aren't quite ready to take that final step to complete the transition. I've watched a video of a sexual reassignment surgery once, and, yeah, I can understand why.

...it looks real painful.

Exactly. What a person does with their lives and/or their bodies doesn't effect nor bother me in the least.

Though I do try to take some effort to at least understand why. Most people won't go through something like that without really truly meaning it. I'm not talking about just the surgery, rather the whole process. From the risk of ostracization, to the hormone therapy, to everything that comes after. It's not something someone decides to do one day because they're silly, stupid people who want a cheap way to get attention.

21. JoeG4 macrumors 68030

JoeG4

Okay, I never really understood locker rooms, but I saw someone go off on public restrooms.

Why are public restrooms gender specific anyway? If you get rid of the urinals they should be pretty much the same right? You shouldn't be doing stuff you wouldn't do in front of the other gender outside the stall.

I guess it's those American bathroom stalls where the walls don't go all the way to the floor that make things awkward. Well, that and urinals. I could live without both of those things and we could all stop caring about silly things like bathrooms.

22. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 604

The-Real-Deal82

If urinals didn't exist we'd have lots of wee splattered public toilets and it would be horrible for both genders IMO. The fact is men pee everywhere and if it's not your own toilet and you can simply leave it, most men will lol.

23. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

I've seen one in college and one while stopped at a truck stop! Both time the subject had a dress on and a full beard. During college the Trans dude seemed rude to everyone in the campus radio station! He seemed to want to always play the victim in almost everything he did!

24. steve knight macrumors 68030

steve knight

yes I use those when I can with my blind wife so she does not have to wander around and find what she needs. but often they are locked.

25. Mac'nCheese Suspended

Mac'nCheese