Seattle, WA - University Village

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by iJC-1976, Sep 14, 2013.

1. iJC-1976 macrumors member

iJC-1976

Just to test the waters, how many people are planning on lining up at the U-district Apple store on Friday the 20th for the iPhone 5s launch?

I've done a few launch meetups for the different iPhones and the original iPad in Florida and they can be a lot fun. I've never done one here in Seattle and I was wondering if they are miserable experience due to the potentially soggy weather this time of year?

2. Presonance macrumors regular

Presonance

It could be miserable. It's an outdoor store with no cover. Luckily there's a Starbucks nearby. Better bring a 33 oz coffee if the line is long.

3. iJC-1976, Sep 15, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2013

iJC-1976 thread starter macrumors member

iJC-1976

Thanks for the heads up Presonance.:D I'm still trying to decide if I'll line up that morning or just get up early and order one online. Decisions, decisions....:confused:

4. slkrik macrumors newbie

slkrik

Unfortunately I work in the downtown area and will have to find a retail store that might sell the iPhone 5s. No doubt the weather will cause it to be miserable. I will probably show up early to line up, but if the line is longer than a block then I'll probably just order it online.

5. alexglee macrumors regular

alexglee

I'll be coming down from Alberta!

I've done a few launches in my life - almost ashamed, but this will be the 2nd one that I am in the Seattle area. Not sure if Alderwood is better than University Village. I think Bellevue Square is definitely out of the question for line ups though. What do you guys think? Is University Village better?

I met a guy who was first in line for the iPad 2. I don't remember his name, but he was cool and I said that I could line up with him for a launch. I think he was Wilf or Wolf or something Germanic. Are you on here?

6. LeeTom macrumors 68000

LeeTom

Is 6AM too late to be showing up at U Village? That was my plan but now I see people wanting to show up at 1AM!
    I haven't waited in line since they added preordering l (I think it was 2009 for the 3GS)....

7. alexglee macrumors regular

alexglee

I think that will be okay, but I was thinking about getting a group (5-10 people) for an overnight camp. Do you know if there are any power outlets there?

8. Manacit macrumors member

Manacit

I'm considering lining up - I have to be at work by 11 (downtown) though, so I'm either going to need to get there way early or not at all. Would a 4AM arrival time get me out by ~10?

9. alexglee macrumors regular

alexglee

The earlier the better. If you know you have to be out by 10, just come at 2. Control your fate?

10. Manacit macrumors member

Manacit

I think work would enjoy me both being present and awake ;).

11. iJC-1976 thread starter macrumors member

iJC-1976

This post is getting lost of viewers but not many folks saying they'll be there. I was planning on getting to U-village sometime between 5am and 6am. What's everyone else doing, 2 am, 3am or 4am? I don't wanna get there super early for no reason and at the same time I don't wanna get there too late and not get the phone I want. ;)

12. Manacit macrumors member

Manacit

I've decided to go to the T-Mobile store downtown instead of the Apple store. They're also opening early at 8, and I've confirmed that they'll have stock and staff there tomorrow to handle people. It's also very close to work!

Good luck to everyone waiting in line at the Apple store, I'd assume anyone lining up will get one, it just depends how long it takes.

13. joeshmo2010 macrumors 6502a

I'm still debating between uvillage and bsq. UV just seems easier since it's outside. If I do, I was thinking 2-4am. I definitely want to drive by bsq at around 1230 to see if there's a line formed anywhere outside, especially since its only a two minute drive from home lol.

14. iJC-1976 thread starter macrumors member

iJC-1976

Right on, I would do that same. I'm gonna take my chances and show up around 5am. Hopefully it wont be a mad house by the time I get there. *fingers crossed*:D

15. joeshmo2010 macrumors 6502a

There's probably 100 people here. I am around number 70. The line currently is wrapped around the side of the ram across from the main parking garage (which is closed btw, outside parking only).

16. cinder macrumors member

100 people already?!

Yikes.
    I guess getting there at 7 ain't gonna get me much of a chance.
    Oh well.

17. joeshmo2010 macrumors 6502a

Yeah get here now if you're going to do it! Could try Bellevue too; I drove by an hour ago and there was about 10 people. I posted in the Bellevue thread.

18. LeeTom macrumors 68000

LeeTom

19. elementskins macrumors member

elementskins

Yip, about 100 or so people.

Attached Files:

20. calderone macrumors 68040

calderone

I am situated in my comfy bed on Cap Hill. My phone is being held by the business team so I'll stroll in some time tomorrow and grab it ;)

21. iJC-1976 thread starter macrumors member

iJC-1976

Dang!! That's crazy busy. I just drove by the AT&T store in downtown and there's no one there. I almost stopped and waited there but I remembered there's a AT&T store in Pacific Place Mall. I'm there now and I'm first in line. You guys should check out the AT&T store at U-Village. I bet everyone forgot about it so there's probably no line there as well.

22. drmikey macrumors member

It's 4:47 at the Alderwood store and there are 60-70 so far. Mall security won't let us line up at the door until 5, so the line is out in the parking lot.

23. iJC-1976 thread starter macrumors member

iJC-1976

Still at Pacific Place and now there's 3 people in line. The only bad thing about this is the AT&T guy can out and said they only have Space Grey phones.:( I really wanted a Gold one.... I have couple of options:

1. head to U-village and see if I can score on there.
    2. stick here and get a Space Grey.
    or
    3. let them order me a Gold one and have it shipped to me.

Decisions, decisions...:confused:

24. note235 macrumors 6502a

for the 4S launch there was a lot of ppl at the ATT store, I remember walking past going to BoA and SBUX

25. iJC-1976 thread starter macrumors member

iJC-1976

How are the lines looking there now? I was thinking about maybe coming out there if I'd have a chance of scoring a Gold or Silver one.