Secerts to the Pre-order tonight (Tips)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chrisfromalbany, Sep 13, 2012.

1. chrisfromalbany, Sep 13, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2012

chrisfromalbany macrumors 6502

What I am looking for are tips fro people that pre-order iPhone 4S last year and have any tips on how get the pre-order in before they sell out. Last time I remember the pre-order started before midnight. And I almost got iphone in cart and then failed right after midnight:mad:. Then I tried for a few hours without getting any further then entry screen for iphone and got error or didn't load:confused:. I gave up and then woke up around 6am in the morning and not as much people were online and order went through.

I trying both the ATT and Apple website. I found the Apple website to be better. I have 6 to 8 windows open at once trying get the order through.:apple:

ok so far we have...

1) try before the 3am window eastern or Midnight PST, I say 2:45or 11:45??
    Start checking online Apple Store and carrier websites before the scheduled time. Sometimes the pre-order systems become accessible slightly early. Launch day pre-order inventory WILL SOLD OUT due to high demand.

2) if that doesn't work try again in 5am-7am window when first rush over and second isn't wake yet.

3) Make sure apple ID is active for express checkout
    To speed up online Apple Store iPhone pre-order, open an iTunes account (if you don’t have one already) and attach a credit card to it.

4) Generally Apple.com site was faster then ATT or Verizon site, so better chances Apple.com.. (more servers?)

5) http://store.apple.com/xc/iphone_eligibility

These some of the problems last time..
    http://www.macrumors.com/2011/10/07/apple-now-accepting-pre-orders-for-iphone-4s/

Apple URL ordering..
    http://store.apple.com/us/browse/hom.../family/iphone

My plan..
    Well from looking back at old thread.. I think if you can't get order in within first 30 mins of 2:45am.. I say punt, goto sleep and then try again at 5am.. That gives 2 hrs after start of the release, by then it is 2am on West coast (most asleep) and still pretty early on east coast (5am), so I would think if there was ever a shot to get the preorder in (granted the site is up and validation is working w/Verizon, ATT, ect). This would be the time. But pounding the pavement at 3-5am doesn't make sense in my book.

What else??

2. PerplexShyt macrumors 6502

Well, hopefully Apple and at&t have done their due diligence in increasing server capacity

HOWEVER, the only thing I can tell you as far as tips is to have at least two computers already logged in, on the pages, and f5 is your best friend.

Other than that, its truly just a matter of getting in there

3. harcosparky macrumors 68020

Why sweat it .....

Wait for the second shipment.

This will give you time to read up on any adverse issues experienced by those folks who for some reason seem like they might die if they are not the first on the block to get whatever new gizmo is coming out.

A smart man learns from his mistakes .... a smarter man learns from the mistakes of others. Let someone else make the mistake so you won't have to! :D

4. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

Use the app store app or try calling and ordering via apple phone support. A lot of people forget about calling to purchase your phone.

5. jrcsh6 macrumors 6502

jrcsh6

I'm guessing you'll have till about noon to get one of the phones in the first wave. Just keep trying and refreshing. After all these crazy launches I think there will be plenty of phones and you'll be fine.

6. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Noon? Won't last that long.

7. chrisfromalbany thread starter macrumors 6502

from what I remember by 10am I thought iPhone 4S was sold out..

think I was looking for was tips what were effective with getting into the cart from last time.. Like a said more like a game.. and wanted to get it because was like a test. I using chrome IE at the time seems give the best results.

Did anyone else not get in the first wave but tried again late that morning and still got it.. Think there is a slow period when west coast is sleeping and East coast isn't awake yet that window would be the best time to try. Maybe 5-7am window Friday morning..

8. saud0488 macrumors 6502

if the handling of the ipad is any indication, I think Apple will have plenty of supply. I mean this is always the case and they held back in previous years to create artificial demand, but seems that they stopped doing that w/ ipad 3 and now iPhone 4s-2

9. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Funny, when I ordered the 4 I woke up, went to work, had some coffee and a few meetings, hopped online and went to Apple and preordered and got it day 0. Did I do something wrong?

10. chrisfromalbany thread starter macrumors 6502

the **** can't going fly with iPhone 5.. it will sell out.. 4S had weak demand and sold out.. the demand for 5 going to be triple that??

11. MaxPower49 macrumors 6502a

I think the apple phone support people use the same online system we do. So if it is extremely slow fur us, it is for them also.

12. iproductsuser macrumors 6502a

You got lucky. For the iPhone 4, I started trying when pre orders opened up and failed for the 8 hours following that and had to go to AT&T on launch day.

13. chrisfromalbany thread starter macrumors 6502

actually I remember that from reading the threads last time that phone people were just and blogged down as online.. they were all going through the same bottlenecks.

14. jps1012 macrumors 6502a

jps1012

Did they give a time they will start preorders?

15. chrisfromalbany thread starter macrumors 6502

what I remember was it went live before 3am window and almost got phone in cart before 3am window and then wouldn't work.. that was the worst part it take millions of attempts to validate you eligible and only find you would time out.. then you start all over again..

16. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

the 4 was a disaster. The 4S was much, much better.

17. jrcsh6 macrumors 6502

jrcsh6

3am est

18. jps1012 macrumors 6502a

jps1012

ok damn. Guess i am setting my alarm.

19. chrisfromalbany thread starter macrumors 6502

ok so far we have...

1) try before the 3am window, I say 2:45??

2) if that doesn't work try again in 5am-7am window when first rush over and second wake isn't up yet.

What else??

20. chicagohoops macrumors newbie

Any other issues to be concerned about if I'm transferring a number from T-Mobile to Verizon? Is transferring a number between carriers a possibility during the early order tomorrow?

Many thanks!

21. ltb7 macrumors 6502

i would def suggest that everyone makes sure that express checkout is ON in the apple store online and on your iOS device

22. chrisfromalbany thread starter macrumors 6502

Sorry I try a different thread.. I looking for tips ppl who want to pre-order iphone 5 and dealing with difficulties of pre-order when a million other ppl trying to do that same..

BTW.. not sure you can do that..

23. jps1012 macrumors 6502a

jps1012

does anyone have a link where they say its at 3am est?

24. drober30 macrumors 6502a

Yes, coffee is bad for you...lol