Second Amendment Crushes Gun Control Candidates in Midterm Elections

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Meister, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Meister Suspended

Meister

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

3. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

I'm always amazed at how intrigued foreigners are by our internal politics and elections.

4. Meister thread starter Suspended

Meister

I might have a few reasons:
    • the US is the only, most influencial world power
    • my homecountry is like a colony of the US
    • the rest of the world is not based on any fascinating ideas like freedom

5. Roric macrumors regular

The article gives Wisconsin as an example because the NRA endorsed Walker, but as a resident of the state, I can say that I didn't not see a single ad/discussion/etc comparing the two candidates on the issue of gun control. The governor campaign in Wisconsin was almost entirely about jobs, jobs, and jobs.

6. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Oy. Don't repeat that one to your fellow countrymen or they might try to conquer the European continent again to show their strength. :p

And since you seem to have this rose colored view of our country, why don't you apply to immigrate here and try to make it for yourself? I'm sure the GOP would be glad to have you.

7. Meister thread starter Suspended

Meister

Most germans are somewhat aware that germany is a US colony. They are content with it.
    I do not have a rose colored view of the US! I merely gave some reasons for being interested in it's politics.

8. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

I'm not going to go to breitbart.com but I think the NRA did a good job riling the masses with their "take our guns away" hysteria.

9. zin macrumors 6502

A word of warning.

Do not visit that website to read news. Not only are the articles basically right-wing propaganda but the comments are even worse, particularly for articles relating to social issues. I'm sure you'll know what I mean if you read some of the other Breitbart articles and their comments.

Think Fox News but worse.

10. lannister80 macrumors 6502

lannister80

I read something like less than 1% of the electorate put "gun control" as their top issue.

11. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

Amazing that there are so many other "free" countries in the world, despite the fact that none of them are "based on any fascinating ideas like freedom."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_in_the_World

12. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Many listed there as free, deny access to critical tools behind the natural rights of life and self-defense. If you have no right to self preservation... are you really free?

13. Meister thread starter Suspended

Meister

Depends on your definition of freedom I guess.
    People in sowjet russia were also told they are free.

----------

That's your opinion. I read different webpages. I don't rely on Breitbart.com for my outlook on the world.

14. Symtex macrumors 6502a

The issue is that democrat also love guns. It seem that mass shooting of children is not enough of a deterrent. So keep on shooting America.

15. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

There were a fair amount of ballot measures addressing "the right to bear arms" although they were only in red states.

On another note, I noticed the outcome of many state ballot measures in direct opposition to the agenda of the politicians elected in those states.

16. adroit macrumors 6502

adroit

The irony of that statement is palpable.

17. Happybunny macrumors 68000

I just have to ask do you own a gun?

18. Meister thread starter Suspended

Meister

I just have to ask what difference that makes?

19. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

it is always fun to watch the crazy it is quite entertaining.

20. NickG420 macrumors regular

NickG420

Because it happens so often :rolleyes:

What some liberals suggest would be the equivalent of outlawing steak knives because a man stabbed 6 people in a Ruth's Chris...

The problem is not guns. The problem is the over prescribing of mood altering drugs because everyone and their neighbor has a ADHD child or some teenager with Manic Depression or Bipolar disorder. Never mind the fact you have to wait an hour after your "appointment" before you actually see the doctor because he's seeing what perks those pharmaceutical reps are pushing this week for prescribing their chemical lollipop....

I mean if I popped 20mg of anti depressants everyday and did nothing but get bullied for being weird, and play COD all night on XBOX I would probably want to shoot things up too...

But instead of going after the REAL issues...Parents that would rather feed their kids meds than discipline them, or talk to them about their issues, the doctors that just keep on prescribing this **** to kids that have no business taking it, the easiest thing to do is blame guns....

When one of the side effects of a medicine that is supposed to make you not depressed, is thoughts or feelings of suicide, which is the complete opposite of the drugs purpose you have a problem...And it's not the legally obtained guns in mommy and daddy's bedroom...

21. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Yeah, but that was the Soviets being the Soviets. Everything they did was double talk and redefinition.

If you get right down to it, the US is an extension of English ideals, taken to their logical, monarchy-free conclusion. A surprising number of our laws, our rights, our government model, even our current view of the world as one big smorgasbord of resources free for the taking, has roots in the British Empire.

So no, we're not the only country obsessed with freedom in the world. We're just one of the biggest ones that popped up during the western Enlightenment back in the 18th century.

22. Happybunny macrumors 68000

I just asked because you really do seem to see the owner ship of a fire arm as a book mark of a free society.

I myself own three a Sig 226, Ruger 101, Perazzi MX8 Skeet Combo 12GA with 29 1/2" fixed choke, all of which are stored in my house.

23. Symtex macrumors 6502a

does it need to happen more than once to make a change ? Really ?

Seriously, why can't we do both ? Solve mental health issue and reduce the # of guns in circulation. Its not one of the other. Cars are more regulated than guns. I know asking America to give up their guns, its a very hard request but at 1 point that you have realized that its what's best for the overall well being of the population. It's been deemed anti-american to regulate thing that would benefits the nations over the rights of individual. How many shooting will it take before something gets done ? What if was your children that was killed ? Would it change your mind ?

24. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

how do you solve the mental health issue?
    guns to cars? not sure you want to go there.
    depending on the state, we already have plenty of regulations that do nothing.

Perazzi :drool emotycon: , tried one & fell in love with it, used it was 7k:eek:

----------

you might be under the assumption that only the GOP support the 2nd.

25. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

What's your definition of freedom? Is it simply the right to own firearms?