Second time I got a defective iPad. You think I can exchange it for store credit?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Meever, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Meever macrumors 6502a

My first iPad went crazy. From what I understand the flash memory basically fried.

I got a new iPad on the day of the appointment. Awesome. Used it for a few weeks and now it's registering random inputs. I've tried doing a restore twice and the problem reoccurs.

It happens at random intervals, I used it for an hour without any problems then bam! After I restored it things were going okay then bam! 5 minutes later it happened again.

I'm starting to think that getting the iPad was a horrible mistake XD

Maybe I could pick up the new ipod or an air or something.

Does anyone know the policy regarding Apple's policy?

2. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

How long since you bought it? If longer than 14 days, I think you'll be at the mercy of the genius you get.

3. gecis macrumors regular

You should just walk in and they should replace it for you no questions asked. If you purchased it less than 14 days ago then you don't even need a genius appoinment.

4. Ruahrc macrumors 65816

That the OP stated "Used it for a few weeks" would indicate that he/she's beyond the 14 day limit.

If it is getting random inputs you probably can get it replaced under warranty, but I don't think you can exchange it for store credit. Seems like it would be up to the particular CSR you get.

Ruahrc

5. Meever thread starter macrumors 6502a

I got store credit XD

They even threw on 200 dollars on the card so now I'm sitting on a $900+ gift card o.0

I've been racking my brain over MBP+iPad or iMac+MBA setup.

It would be a hassle selling MBP though....

And I find myself missing the form factor. I think if you use your iPad for a while you forget how much content the iPad delivers.

music/news/books/maps/video/games/etc XD

This thing was basically my ipod, newspaper, gps, Gameboy all rolled into one XD

6. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

That's amazing.

If I was in your situation I would have to go for the new MBA in lieu of the iPad even though I love the iPad quite a bit..

Again, if I was in your situation.

7. melman101 macrumors 68030

Hmmmm. I love my iPad. If you don't have a Mac, go MacBook Air. If you do, get iPad again, biggest and best.

8. lilcosco08 macrumors 65816

lilcosco08

Exactly why I love apple