Second two years of Obama Administration

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by fivepoint, Nov 2, 2010.

1. fivepoint macrumors 65816

fivepoint

How will tonight's results affect Obama's next two years? Will he pull a Clinton backflip to quasi-conservatism, or will be put his head down and push forward with his intended agenda regardless of the results? Which would be better for the country? Which would be better for him politically and his prospects for 2012?

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/plum-line/2010/11/how_will_obama_react_to_gop_ga.html

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

I don't think the Senate is a given at this point.

3. Queso macrumors G4

Maybe if he acted at all on this supposed intended agenda it would be better for the USA. At the moment the choice is between the do-nothing Democrats or the ruin-everything Republicans, whilst the country falls to bits.

And the "Tea Party", well they should enjoy the last of their five minutes. Once the Dems have lost a branch of government the big money backers of this grass-roots movement will begin to lose interest.

4. dscuber9000 macrumors 6502a

I don't think anything is going to be done the next two years, but luckily the last Congress did so much I think the policies will prove themselves over time and we'll keep moving forward towards a better economy.

5. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Obama will attempt to reach out to the Republicans, but you know and I know that much of his next two years will be spent stopping them from rolling back the progress made in his first two years.

6. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

"Reaching out to the Republicans" seems to be an utterly hopeless and utterly pointless exercise. They have very little to offer, and even less inclination to offer it.

7. Full of Win macrumors 68030

Full of Win

I hope the next two years includes public hearings on some of the more egregious actions of this junta, such as the dropping of charges against the Black Panthers doing security for Obama. That would be so sweet.

8. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Uh, wasn't that dropped by the Bush DOJ? :confused:

But by all means, go ahead and not give a damn about any of the actual issues facing the country.

9. Scippy macrumors regular

Luckily, right now it seems like there is still a chance for the Democrats to keep control of the Senate.

10. dscuber9000 macrumors 6502a

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Wow dude, those were dropped by GEORGE W BUSH. And I agree! There are MANY things Bush needs to go to trial for.

11. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I refer you to my answer above. Utterly fatuous politicking.

12. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

As usual skunk, you are both insightful, and completely right.

13. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

He'll do even less of the stuff he promised to do.

14. Full of Win macrumors 68030

Full of Win

As for Obama, I wonder if he will return to his previous drug use...assuming he ever stopped. He is a self admitted cocaine (i.e. blow) user, as per the NYT and his own writings, and in times like this, old habits have a way of coming out. If I were his COS, I'd hide all metal spoons and needles in the White House ASAP.

No, it was the Obama DOJ that dropped it. Yeah, I guess racism and voter intimidation is not an issue. To me it is a major issue, but then again that is me and my opinion that all voters should have unfettered access to the ballot box and ANYONE who interferes with is should not have charges dropped w/o a trial.

15. CaptMurdock macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

And, you would be wrong. Again.

Yeah, like in Florida in 2000...

EDIT: Hey, here's some race-based attempted disenfranchisement for ya!

Latino voters in L.A. told to vote on Wednesday -- AFTER the election.

16. Full of Win macrumors 68030

Full of Win

Sorry to break it to you, but it was the Obama DOJ that dropped it. I can only assume because the Black Panthers were doing the 'right' kind of intimidation, and therefore should not be prosecuted by the Obama DOJ.

17. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Please, by all means provide a link.

18. CaptMurdock macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

^And while you're at it, Winny, would you also provide the rationale for the Black Panthers, presumably attempting to discourage whites from voting, chose to station themselves in a predominantly black precinct? :confused:

19. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

I would avoid wasting your time with Full of Bot. It will most likely come up with some Faux News story, or Tush Limburger page or something. If there is BS out there to be found, Full of Bot will find it.

20. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

I was listening to NPR today and they said that losing the House like this could be a good thing for Obama. It will force him to change for the better and will force him to work with the GOP because I feel the last 2 years the so called trying to work with the GOP was nothing but talk from Obama.

Now he going to be forced to do it. At the same token it forces the GOP to work with Obama. neither one can point the finger at each other as easily.

21. Bernard SG macrumors 65816

Bernard SG

You're dreaming.
    The next 2 years are not going to be about working together. It will be about subpoena after subpoena against the Obama Administration and trying to take him down by impeachment. That's what the GOP does. They did it with (white) Clinton; they'll do it even more intently with Obama.

22. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

they compared it to Clinton. After his first 2 years in office he lost both the House and the Senate.
    From their he was forced to changed because the American people said very loudly that they did not agree with his changes and he had to changed.
    Clinton was even told it is better to loss control over the house than only to have control by 1 or 2 votes. It makes it a lot easier to point the finger back at them.

As it stand the GOP could time and time again say they refuse to work with us. Did not help that Nancy Pelosi was not really willing to work with the GOP. I am glad she is fired. This I think will force both sides to work together and makes the finger pointing a heck of a lot harder to do.

23. Bernard SG macrumors 65816

Bernard SG

The finger pointing is a central part of the game those people (politicians) are playing. What they care about is getting elected, not working to get things done. Most of them anyway, regardless of party affiliation.

Nancy Pelosi is one of the best things that happened in the US political history of the last 50 years.

24. callmemike20 macrumors 6502a

callmemike20

This. As much as a don't agree with Obama (I'm a card holding Republican), I believe Pelosi is much worse for the party. She is clearly not willing to work with anyone who doesn't agree with her. Obama at least "shows" that he "tries."

25. Evangelion macrumors 68040

Wow, Full of Win is just as insane as before, maybe even more so.