Second wave of iPhone 5s/5c

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Baconstripss, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Baconstripss macrumors member

I know Apple haven't said more than "In December more than 100 countries will have the new iPhone". But given this is a site driven by rumors and speculations.. ;)

Anyone have any input? I'm really dying to get the iphone 5s 32 gb.
    I live in Denmark, which normally qualifies for second wave releases regarding iPhones.

Thoughts/rumors?

2. user-name-here macrumors 65816

I'd assume they wont add more countries until they can keep up with demand in the countries they are already shipping to.

In this case I would assume it would be 2 months after launch until the demand really calms down here in the U.S.

3. Baconstripss thread starter macrumors member

But wasn't the supple/demand the same for the iPhone 5? Only a week or so later the second wave (Denmark included) was sent out. The delivery time was 3-4 weeks though.

4. apple-cs macrumors member

It kinda sucks to have been so excited and then on release day they only had a couple.

At this point, I might want to hold back and wait for the 6.

5. Trsmoothie macrumors member

The iPhone 6 is going to have the same, if not even greater demand though.

6. apple-cs macrumors member

But it will be worth it. This is like iPhone 5 part 2.

They might even have preorders of all things. If they start making them now, they should have enough. Only a few months to go.

7. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

If by a few months you mean 12.

And how could they start making 6s now? It hasn't even been designed yet, the technology that will be used in it probably hasn't been invented yet, and their manufacturers are probably a bit busy pumping out the 5s. Presumably Apple put the best stuff they've got into the 5s, so if they were ready to start making the 6 right now how much of an improvement could it be? And trust me, the 6 won't be any easier to get when it launches.

8. apple-cs macrumors member

It's invented and being drawn up now. They only have a few months.

9. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

That means it's on the drawing board. Certainly not ready to be produced like you suggested.

10. apple-cs macrumors member

Well I mean they are preparing for it to be produced, who knows, perhaps they have been working on the iPhone 6 since 2011.

11. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

Carriers in most second wave countries have been telling customers the new iPhone models will be coming soon, presumably by early October.

12. Baconstripss thread starter macrumors member

Problem is.. Carriers don't get any more information than anyone else when it comes to Apple.

Source: I work for a Danish carrier

13. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

I have even seen people receiving an email from a carrier urging them to choose a plan for the new iPhone.
    Has the carrier you work for suggested customers the new iPhone models are going to come soon?
    I doubt Apple would wait till the last moment to deal with carriers, so maybe some information has not been divulged?

14. j0han macrumors 6502

j0han

so when can we see 5s coming to Scandinavia (Sweden) As stated we're in second wave, but since 5s is limited allready in US, will we have to wait until November or might even December.. :(

15. Baconstripss thread starter macrumors member

Nope. It would be impossible to give out that much information without it being leaked. Some website would get hold of the info and go public with it.

Most of the Danish carriers are signing people up for info letters and a single carrier is already taking preorders.

16. Ballis, Sep 30, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2013

Ballis macrumors 6502a

2nd wave of countries

Any word on when this will be? I realize Apple probably will want to try and meet demand in currently released markets first, but have they given any info on when the rest of europe will get this phone, other than the "by december" statement in the keynote?

17. Serrat macrumors newbie

The rumors I have seen so far hints at a release around the 10th of october.
    According to this and this, but I do see that the NZ guy have updated his predictions now.

18. Ballis macrumors 6502a

19. Baconstripss thread starter macrumors member

CEO of Humac, Denmark's biggest Apple reseller, have predicted the release in Denmark to be October 18th. For the 5S at least.

Yesterday I got an e-mail from Humac, stating that the iPhone 5C would land in their shops today. They haven't officially announced them on their weppages or anything yet.

Just FIY, the mail is a legitimate Humac mail. Not some.. scam.