Secondary monitor is blurry

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by iso, Jun 16, 2007.

1. iso macrumors newbie

I have a 22" lcd monitor, that is not an apple product. When I output to this monitor it is blurry. Is this something that is fixable or does a person have to have an apple monitor?

Thanks

2. TheSilencer macrumors regular

If you use VGA or DVI-to-VGA with high resolution, it could be a moire issue, but I saw this only on CRT screens. I don´t know if this is a TFT issue too. Well, look into the settings of your display, maybe a "moire correction" option is available and fix it.
    However, it could also be a scaling problem from the display. Try to use the native resolution of the display, i.e. the native resolution is 1600x1200 and you running 1280x1024 you may - as you do - see a blurry screen.

3. iso thread starter macrumors newbie

When I had the second lcd monitor plugged in the 1620 x XXX option was available, and that is what I thought the macs' display was set at. When it was set to that res it looked the same on the mac's did not change so it seems that it held onto the native 1440 x 900. So that would explain why it was blurry. So now the question is why was it not adjusting the resolution when making the change?

Thanks for the help

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

System Prefs -> Display -> Displays -- there's a button towards the bottom that says whether the mirroring mode (same thing on both screens) is enabled. Make sure it's not checked. If it's checked, you're limited to only those resolutions that can be displayed on both the internal and external screens. And so you end up with a non-native resolution.