Secret Ledger in Ukraine Lists Cash for Donald Trump’s Campaign Chief

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Aug 14, 2016.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/15/u...-ukraine-donald-trump.html?smid=fb-share&_r=0

Handwritten ledgers show $12.7 million in undisclosed cash payments designated for Mr. Manafort from Mr. Yanukovych’s pro-Russian political party from 2007 to 2012, according to Ukraine’s newly formed National Anti-Corruption Bureau. Investigators assert that the disbursements were part of an illegal off-the-books system whose recipients also included election officials.

2. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

The New York Times, in the tank for Hillary, Hussein and their liberal progressive followers is working overtime, just like the OP.

The excruciating fear they have, worried that Hillary will lose, is very real. If they were confident of her, these repeated incessant attempts to discredit Trump would fade away.

#LockHerUp

3. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

So you think this story has no credibility?

4. citizenzen, Aug 14, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2016

citizenzen macrumors 65816

Yeah. Why couldn't it have been Breitbart, or the WND ... someone credible? :cool:

5. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

6. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

We know Trump is shady, he has a shady campaign manager. Tump probably knows Manafort does shady business, but Trump probably didn't know of Manaforts handwritten leger payments as much as anyone else until this article was released.

This is referring to money from years ago, so I don't see this having anything to do with Trump aside from the risk of influence if elected and put in a staff position.

I'm not too concerned, I don't see Trump getting elected.

7. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

It's a trap. Russia is trying to rig the elections. This time they are for Hillary :p

8. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

he is a programmed entity no thinking required.

9. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I love it . Hillarybits pretended Russia was behind wiki leaks and were thus not credible
    So is Russia na the good guys? :D
    --- Post Merged, Aug 14, 2016 ---
    Lmao. I love irony. Never change steve

10. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

I maybe goofy at times for fun but maxsix its a whole other ballgame even you can't get close to him no matter how hard you try and you do.

11. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Manafort is probably Trump's most influential adviser. Leaving aside the (as yet completely unanswered) questions about Trump's own involvement with Russian financiers - doesn't it strike you as being a little bit irresponsible that Trump cannot find anyone else to manage his campaign than a guy who is very clearly financially tied up to people with links to the kleptocracy that runs the Russian Government?

Is there literally no-one else that Trump could find, from among the hundreds of Republican/Conservative political operatives, other than a guy whose name shows up in a sketchy looking ledger of off-books payments in Kiev?

Do you think, by any chance, that this will make the crawl on Fox News tomorrow? Will Hannity or O'Reilly demand answers?

The Reichwing Propaganda machine has a huge conniption fit because someone at the Clinton Foundation tried (in vain) to get his buddy a job interview at the State Department. But untold millions of tainted Russian cash going to the #2 guy in the Trump campaign doesn't merit a peep?

12. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

Differences: Hillary was SoS when apparent influence peddling was occurring; Manafort wasn’t in Trump’s campaign during time period of ledger. Further, if you read the New York Times piece:

Anti-corruption officials there say the payments earmarked for Mr. Manafort, previously unreported, are a focus of their investigation, though they have yet to determine if he actually received the cash. While Mr. Manafort is not a target in the separate inquiry of offshore activities, prosecutors say he must have realized the implications of his financial dealings.

[...]

Mr. Manafort did not respond to interview requests or written questions from The New York Times. But his lawyer, Richard A. Hibey, said Mr. Manafort had not received “any such cash payments” described by the anti-corruption officials.

Mr. Hibey also disputed Mr. Kasko’s suggestion that Mr. Manafort might have countenanced corruption or been involved with people who took part in illegal activities.

“These are suspicions, and probably heavily politically tinged ones,” said Mr. Hibey, a member of the Washington law firm Miller & Chevalier. “It is difficult to respect any kind of allegation of the sort being made here to smear someone when there is no proof and we deny there ever could be such proof.”

[...]

The National Anti-Corruption Bureau, which obtained the ledger, said in a statement that Mr. Manafort’s name appeared 22 times in the documents over five years, with payments totaling $12.7 million. The purpose of the payments is not clear. Nor is the outcome, since the handwritten entries cannot be cross-referenced against banking records, and the signatures for receipt have not yet been verified.

“Paul Manafort is among those names on the list of so-called ‘black accounts of the Party of Regions,’ which the detectives of the National Anti-Corruption Bureau of Ukraine are investigating,” the statement said. “We emphasize that the presence of P. Manafort’s name in the list does not mean that he actually got the money, because the signatures that appear in the column of recipients could belong to other people.”

13. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

Well he is from Russia and worked in the Russian politics arena. I suppose you could say the same thing about any Russian individual working in an Americans campaign.

So you're assuming Trump knew about off the book aka "secret" payments???? That's boardering on the side of ridiculous.

I'm not sure why you're directing some these comments at me. I'm not a Trump supporter or devout Fox News follower. I share negative thoughts on both Clinton and Trump, quite equally in fact. But I'll defend them both and to a varying degree where I see fit.

14. vrDrew macrumors 65816

If you don't understand the differences between somebody sending an e-mail to try and get a friend a job interview for a low-level State Department position; and millions of unaccounted dollars, bundled up with rubber bands in a Kiev back office, then it's probably a waste of time discussing things like this with you.

15. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

I actually understand it clearly. Now be sure to read that NYT piece start to finish as I have.

16. lowendlinux, Aug 14, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2016

lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

Yea because Hilliary likes to take out crackpot dictators so Vlad's a bit concerned..war's expensive

17. Jess13, Aug 14, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2016

Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

No, Hillary likes to destroy the lives of millions of men, women and children, particularly Muslim victims, from Afghanistan to Iraq, Libya to Syria. Funnily, the fake liberal media has tried to frame Trump as an enemy to Muslims when Hillary is the real enemy.

Speaking of the
    last “dictator” Hillary took out.

Prior to Hillary leading the charge to overthrow Qaddafi, destroying Libya, turning it over to al-Qaeda, ISIS and other lunatic jihadists, some groups themselves armed at Hillary’s insistence, Libya had:
    • fairly strong rights for women (no repressive Saudi regime-type system)
    • free healthcare
    • free college/university
    • free housing
    • other free and highly subsidized programs, services, products and goods, including huge cash payments directly to the people
    It truly was free: funded through oil revenues. It wasn’t fake “free,” where monies are taken from other citizens through taxation then redistributed, which is not actually free it’s just paid by others.
    • one of the world’s most ambitious waterworks projects ever undertaken called the Great Man-Made River, delivering fresh water throughout Libya, from cities to far reaches of the Sahara (while the Great Man-Made River itself was not destroyed, NATO/Obama/Hillary did attack the Brega pipe factory used in repairing its leaks and breaks, a[nother] war crime, among other off-limits civilian-targeting war crimes, such as: bombing schools, hospitals, and food and grain storage facilities)
    Whether you support the state being involved in ways Libya’s “regime” was, and any arguments for or against that aside, it is inarguable that Libya was truly a country for the people, where its “dictator” actually used billions of dollars in oil wealth given straight to the people for their betterment.

Hillary Rodham Clinton destroyed it. That’s #Progressive. Her next target: Syria. #ImWithHer?

One man’s “rebel,” is another man’s al-Qaeda

Libya.jpg

18. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Unlikely, they wouldn't have destroyed their honeypot (Wikileaks) and hacked the DNC emails in that case.

19. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Obviously not. He's too busy worrying about ACORN.

20. FieldingMellish Suspended

“Report: ACORN network still active under new names”

The Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now or ACORN famously came under fire a few years ago because its political affiliates engaged in electioneering and lobbying.

There was also an embezzlement scandal, allegations of facilitating voter fraud and a notorious video sting by conservative provocateur James O’Keefe. The organization officially announced the closure of its offices in 2010 after losing government funding due to the controversies.

But that doesn’t mean it vanished from the landscape altogether.

The nonprofit watchdog group Cause of Action published a list today of “still-active ACORN entities, ACORN allies, and rebranded ACORN organizations.”

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/report-acorn-network-still-active-under-new-names/article/2505629

21. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

No more so than all the irresponsible things Hil liar y does.

22. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Wow, so many ties to Russia and Putin. Ivanka is currently on vacation with the woman who is dating Vladimir Putin. Nothing to see here folks. Just your average presidential candidate in bed with one of our foes.

23. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I've been hearing whispers for weeks that Manafort has been an intelligence asset, our intelligence asset, for quite a few years in dealing with Ukraine/Russia.

I don't know what to think about them to be honest, but regardless the guy is shady as ****. He's a real supporter of dictators around the world.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...e_s_made_a_career_of_reinventing_tyrants.html

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/apr/27/paul-manafort-donald-trump-campaign-past-clients

24. FieldingMellish Suspended

Did Manafort take on these assignments while he was Secretary of State and in exchange for donations to the Manafort Foundation?

25. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

the irony...