Secret Video: Romney Tells Millionaire Donors What He REALLY Thinks of Obama Voters

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by gibbz, Sep 17, 2012.

1. gibbz, Sep 17, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2012

gibbz macrumors 68030

I didn't see a thread for this yet, although rdowns posted a link in another. I thought it deserved it's own thread.

From Mother Jones:
    I think this may be the most genuine Mitt Romney has been to date.

2. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Wow- he can't dig the hole deep enough, can he?

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Basically told 47% of the country to go **** themselves.

4. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

And more than 50% of the country will tell him to go **** himself in November.

5. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

So now we know what Romney talks about in "quiet rooms."

This video shows Romney's utter disdain for people who will not vote for him. He talks about class warfare. Romney is the one dividing people. How will he be the President for all of America when he hates half of the country.

6. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

He should run for Bully of the United States after this.

7. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

These are truly damning videos. I hope they make the headlines.

P-Worm

8. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

Romney Campaign bandaid fix for colossal **** up.

LOL Yeah, that will fix everything!

9. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

I agree with him completely on everything except the 47%. It's a smaller number than that. I'd peg it closer to 30%.

Go ahead. Report me. Put me against the ivory tower wall.

10. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Report you? And miss my daily dose of laughter?

No way. You're a treasure. I couldn't bear to lose you.

11. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

I can't tell if you're being defiant or just coming on to me.

12. vega07 macrumors 65816

OK. If this is not enough to turn away 99% of his followers, I don't know what is. He can murder someone and these people will still vote for him.

13. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

Here is a great example of the cognitive dissonance some of his supporters live with every day.

14. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

Daily? Hmmm. Strange. I post, at most, three or four days in a given week. (Working prevents more.)

Guess it's true that age can play tricks on the brain.

15. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

Romney just go to show why the GOP should not be respected. It is an example of why the GOP only cares about themselves.
    Apparently the GOP has gotten to the point that they are starting to believe their own lies.

16. CalWizrd Suspended

CalWizrd

I'm right there with you "kav".

17. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

I'm your huckleberry.

18. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

" People think they are entitled to food"

I do believe I am entitled to food considering food enables me to stay alive. Glad to know if I enter a phase of my life where I am not financially sound, that he doesn't care that I can barely afford to feed myself......

19. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

Yup, Romney cares about the unemployment rate but not the unemployed because it is their fault they got fired because they're lazy.

20. dscuber9000 macrumors 6502a

Well, for the first time in years we get to see the real Romney. An angry old white guy complaining about poor people wanting health care and food. An angry old white guy who doesn't understand minorities. And ultimately, an angry old white guy who is really just looking out for himself. He's not interested in helping people. This is the same man who bullied others in high school for something as trivial as having too long of hair.

I have two very serious questions that I want answered: How did he get where he's at now, and why does he want to be President?

I know there was absolutely no one else slightly competent (well, maybe) but is Mitt Romney seriously any better? Before you even get to politics you have embarrassing stories about him tying a dog to the roof of his car, bullying in high school, and him thinking $200,000/year is "middle-income." And then when you get to his politics you have no idea what the hell to think because Mitt Romney now is completely different from Mitt Romney a couple of years ago. It couldn't be any clearer that he's simply molding himself to whatever the easiest position to get the presidency is. And that leads me to the next point: Why?

Why does Mitt Romney want to be President? He's already rich. He's already powerful. He clearly has no desire to help anybody. Christ, in this video he rants about government helping too much. "[M]y job is not to worry about those people." Well no wonder they aren't going to vote for you then. You don't care about them!

Talk about politics until you're blue in the face, but I don't want a president who brags about not caring about half the country because he can't reach them.

21. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

You dropped one who was actually competent (and Mormon if that actually matters). But he took a job from Obama so he got culled off the list pretty fast. Need that political purity, after all.

22. dscuber9000 macrumors 6502a

I did forget him, but to be fair, so did everyone else in primary season. :D Even without that Obama connection I don't think he would have come close in the primaries though. He was too random.

23. vega07 macrumors 65816

I think you should ask Romney this question. Directly.

24. gibbz thread starter macrumors 68030

David Corn has said publicly, and at the end of the article, that there are more embarrassing clips from that video that have yet to be released. Those should be interesting.

In regards to the current clips, the Romney campaign responded without responding. Notice there is no denial.

Here is my favorite opinion of who Romney has revealed himself to be:

25. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

This man is insane. You don't win elections by insulting anyone that has ever needed a little help.

Especially when he himself has gotten assistance from the Government in various forms at Bain, at the Olympics, and I am sure there was some money coming in to MA when he was Governor as well.

His hypocrisy knows no bounds.